Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's so good about MAC????
(10-15-2009, 09:18 PM)Shinkirou Wrote: My opinions on why mac is better were given, and I still stick by them even though some idiot thinks that he can tell me I'm wrong. My guess is he'll start his flame crap right after I post this but whatever that's his problem. I say go for it if you got the money, you'll most likely end up getting bootcamp or parallels for windows or another OS to use for a few things, but for the most part once you start using mac it's quite noticeable how much it can do that windows can't.

Care to explain what stuff it can do that windows can't I'm really thinking hard about purchasing one.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
There's a lot of programs that are integrated way better, ex: frontrow, it's like itunes (and runs with your itunes library) but makes scrolling through your music a lot easier. Another ex: virtual machines, parallels is a great way to use VM's and also integrates with mac in a thing called "coherence" which temporarily adds the start menu and things like that on your mac tool bars without the annoying VM window. I can't think of much at the moment, I'm fairly brain fried from school. If you give me specifics on what your going to be doing, I can give some more examples.
(10-16-2009, 12:48 PM)Shinkirou Wrote: There's a lot of programs that are integrated way better, ex: frontrow, it's like itunes (and runs with your itunes library) but makes scrolling through your music a lot easier. Another ex: virtual machines, parallels is a great way to use VM's and also integrates with mac in a thing called "coherence" which temporarily adds the start menu and things like that on your mac tool bars without the annoying VM window. I can't think of much at the moment, I'm fairly brain fried from school. If you give me specifics on what your going to be doing, I can give some more examples.

Windows has Virtual Box. It's free and open source. Also, a reason to use a Mac is because something scrolls better? lol. Anyway, you still have little to no programs compared to what windows has. Oh, and why use a virtual machine anyway when your mac OS is SO SO GREAT! Seriously, I think your brain has been fried forever. You still haven't provided one GOOD and FUNCTIONAL reason besides something scrolls easier and VM is different. I see you said you'll give more examples but don't copy paste this time.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
(10-16-2009, 01:01 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote: Windows has Virtual Box. It's free and open source. Also, a reason to use a Mac is because something scrolls better? lol. Anyway, you still have little to no programs compared to what windows has. Oh, and why use a virtual machine anyway when your mac OS is SO SO GREAT! Seriously, I think your brain has been fried forever. You still haven't provided one GOOD and FUNCTIONAL reason besides something scrolls easier and VM is different. I see you said you'll give more examples but don't copy paste this time.

To add to that, virtualbox also allows desktop integration and full screen mode.

Who is going to pay extra 1.5k so you can 'scroll easier' (whatever that means) anyways?
Ugh flaming noobs, where do you get 1,500 for scrolling? Really, you guys are idiots.
So is Mac better for graphics design ect, and is the programs for it easily accessable?
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
(10-16-2009, 02:00 PM)Codine Wrote: So is Mac better for graphics design ect, and is the programs for it easily accessable?

It's not better for graphics, I don't know every piece of software for it, but I do know that it has photoshop but it lacks 3ds max which is an awesome 3d rendering and animation software. Same with autocad. On the other hand, windows has everything.

The fanboy here will probably tell you you can use bootcamp or some other program like virtualbox, and then you will be able to run it from windows XP, although it defeats the whole point of a mac since you will be running it on windows XP, not osx.

(10-16-2009, 01:57 PM)Shinkirou Wrote: Ugh flaming noobs, where do you get 1,500 for scrolling? Really, you guys are idiots.

Got to love how you can't come up with anything mac is better at and resort to hurling insults. Didn't want to make you cry by the way, sorry.
I'm talking to codine in PM now because I'm tired of you flaming idiots. You and your idiot friend ruined a simple question thread by being jerks.
(10-16-2009, 02:21 PM)Shinkirou Wrote: I'm talking to codine in PM now because I'm tired of you flaming idiots. You and your idiot friend ruined a simple question thread by being jerks.

Me and raptor jesus don't know each other, and did you really expect everyone to shut up and listen to the crap coming out of a mouth of a little kid preaching about how awesome macs are?
(10-16-2009, 02:00 PM)Codine Wrote: So is Mac better for graphics design ect, and is the programs for it easily accessable?

Yes, I use photoshop/dreamweaver on windows (at work) and photoshop/dreamweaver on OS X (at home). You would think it being the same program that it would work the same on both platforms, but in my experience the OS X versions have always worked better, run faster, have less bugs and are less resource intensive (perhaps as Photoshop/Dreamweaver is built on OS X then ported to windows).

Yes, there are millions (to the contrary of what others here have said) of programs that are easily accessible. Yes, sometimes there are not Mac versions of the software you want, but I find if I just google "ProgramName mac" I can find an alternative that is often better than its windows counterpart. Installing is simplified in OS X where a lot of software is installed via a simple drag and drop. Apple also run a directory of software for OS X (http://www.apple.com/downloads/) and so do sourceforge.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Transfer Pictures from your iPhone to a Mac rf-harris 0 533 06-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: rf-harris
  Mac iPad Transter | iPad to Mac/iTunes Backup, Mac to iPad Transfer carl83 7 2,413 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Printing on Mac DarkZero 3 1,586 02-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: illest
  how to recover image on mac zsx8989 4 1,794 02-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Last Post: illest
  Help Installing Cain and Abel using Wine on Mac V1RU5 8 12,366 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Moon70