Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's so good about MAC????
(10-15-2009, 05:28 PM)Shinkirou Wrote: Because only some of it was a copy paste? If your gonna flame me at least read the post first. kthxbye.

Ok here are your half original ideas and my replies to them:

Lets see how many reasons I can think of for mac>windows.

Speed. Wrong. PC has absolutely the same hardware.
Ram capabilities (16 terabyte max) (overkill, but still) (snow leopard only) That's the limit for any 64 machine, won't be different since apple doesn't make hardware, moving on...
Streamlined, easy to use UI. Half agree, it's dumbed down so computer illiterate musicians can use it
Better programs. Giving examples would be nice
Better with apple hardware period (duh) Too bad apple doesn't make hardware
Easier to customize. Do you even know what you are talking about?
Less glitches (normally, snow leopard still has a good few) Because a glitch where the user loses all his data after upgrading an OS doesn't count, right?
Better for any type of work. Your uneducated opinion
Great for video editing, pic editing, things like that. So is windows and linux
Windows programs can be used, despite the people who say that they can't (if your not willing to pay for it that's your fault) Same for PC, how does it make a mac better?
Virtual machines are better integrated and easier to use. Explaining how would be nice
Good for testing suspicious websites since windows viruses don't work. There are even less viruses for linux, I don't see where you are going with that and how it makes mac superior
Compare the ratio of mac viruses to windows viruses, hell I don't think OSX even has a AV. Neither does linux, and the OS doesn't have to be completely overpriced to do that
I don't necessarily prefer Mac over Windows but Apple does make their own hardware, and it is entirely different than that of a "PC".
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

The fact that you can put linux on it.
i like windows better than mac but i just think mac looks nice but i love windows for hacking even though its not the best, i heard backtrack4 was....so yeah
CHINAMAN
Quote:i like to make myself belie
[Image: 2n7ehx4.jpg]
[Image: save_banner.asp?file=HWHERMJMMH.jpg]
(10-15-2009, 05:46 PM)MreGSX Wrote: I don't necessarily prefer Mac over Windows but Apple does make their own hardware, and it is entirely different than that of a "PC".

Really? Lets see...

Von Neumann architecture ? Check.
Intel series processor? Check.
Nvidia series video card? Check.
SATA hard drive ? (Probably seagate) Check.
DDR2/DDR3 RAM? (Likely kingston) Check.

I wasn't talking about plastic or aluminum shells when I mentioned hardware.

Edit: I realized what they do make:
Stupid ass, uncomfortable flat keyboards, weird mice.
when there is a mac vs pc debate usually it dosen't end anywhere that is just reality mac systems are good so are windows and linux so why bother arguing of which one is better. The fact is that Mac was made for designers, WIndows for personal, and Linux for administration.
(10-15-2009, 06:07 PM)D3N Wrote: Really? Lets see...

Von Neumann architecture ? Check.
Intel series processor? Check.
Nvidia series video card? Check.
SATA hard drive ? (Probably seagate) Check.
DDR2/DDR3 RAM? (Likely kingston) Check.

I wasn't talking about plastic or aluminum shells when I mentioned hardware.

Edit: I realized what they do make:
Stupid ass, uncomfortable flat keyboards, weird mice.

I guess you're right to an extent. Apple pays other companies (intel, nvidia ect.) to make hardware that is designed for Macs and only Macs. A few years ago Apple made all of their stuff.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(10-15-2009, 06:20 PM)MreGSX Wrote: I guess you're right. But the hardware that is made by intel/nvidia ect. is not the same that's made for a PC.

But yeah, they used to make their own stuff.

It's absolutely the same.
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M - Same as NVIDIA GeForce 9400M for PC.
2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Apple didn't even give the series number, but I found that processor) - Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E7300 (Same frequency, FSB speed and amount of cache) http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=36463

I feel sorry for the unfortunate people who fell into Apples trap and bought a mac. The only good thing I can say about it, is that it has a button which completely dims the screen, which is quite useful if you are trying to save as much power as you can. I'm pretty sure other laptops have that function, but mine doesn't, so it's worth mentioning.
I could go on but it's a waste of time. Everything apple says about how you can't use non-apple hardware is simply not true. Their hardware is no different from the hardware an IBM, Sony or Dell laptop has. All apple has is a good ad campaign and an overpriced OS.
Ugh, your so annoying. By hardware I meant things created by apple (ipods) really, stop being a flaming jerk because you think your better then everyone.
(10-15-2009, 06:32 PM)Shinkirou Wrote: Ugh, your so annoying. By hardware I meant things created by apple (ipods) really, stop being a flaming jerk because you think your better then everyone.

Yes, yes, flat keyboards, uncomfortable mice.

We were talking about macs by the way, not ipods. I don't think I'm better than everyone, I'm not, and I am also not planning to listen to that apple bs you are preaching about which is completely false.
When you come up with a good example of how macs are superior to everything else, let me know, but until then, leave.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Transfer Pictures from your iPhone to a Mac rf-harris 0 525 06-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: rf-harris
  Mac iPad Transter | iPad to Mac/iTunes Backup, Mac to iPad Transfer carl83 7 2,358 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Printing on Mac DarkZero 3 1,559 02-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: illest
  how to recover image on mac zsx8989 4 1,766 02-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Last Post: illest
  Help Installing Cain and Abel using Wine on Mac V1RU5 8 12,304 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Moon70