Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port Forwarding not working!
(10-14-2009, 02:27 AM)INCARNATIO Wrote: Most residential ISP's block ports to combat viruses and spam. The most commonly blocked ports are port 80 and port 25.

Port 80 is the default port for http traffic. With blocked port 80 you will need to run your web server on a non-standard port in conjunction with a port 80/web redirect from No-IP.com. ......... THIS IS REAL INCARNATIO ADVICING YOU
(10-14-2009, 03:01 AM)Danger Wrote: port forwarding is a very dangerous thing.You may be even caught.
I am aware of the risks involved.
I tried a local address (127.0.0.1) and it worked!
Are you saying I have to get someone else to connect to my server? I'm using a no-ip by the way.
just to make sure, have you made exception in the windows firewall or any third party firewall you are using ?
Turned off the Firewall. Still didn't work.

Never used a 3rd party firewall, I don't see myself as a target on the internet so I never bothered installing another one.
I think it might be a hardware issue, if I actually NEED the ports to be open I will call Telstra, or the manufacturer.
Telstra you say? Well i am with the same isp so there is no problem there. Port 80 id open.
I use it on my own home server. You are prob not setting your router correct.
It has to point to your pc address. 192.168.1.4 or whatever. You need to know this and then point your open port to this system address under port forwarding. You need to have no ip running and finally you cant call up your own domain name. You need to call it up locally. So the ip your router points to then try that ip in the url like http://192.168.1.4
Others will point to your domain name but you can not i believe with no-ip unless you upgrade which i have.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Yeah, I'm pointing it all towards my address... 10.0.0.4 or whatever (I checked it so its right)

So your saying I should open 80?

Do you have a Thompson gateway?
Well 80 is the default http address so yes certainly.
If you are in doubt about ports and assignments then have a good look around. Not good to leave too many ports open. But 80 is fine and telstra accepts it mate. Smile
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Haha, yeah.

I'll give it a try later on tonight (after burn notice Tongue)
Okay, so my router/modem has a preset for port 80 called "HTTP Server (World wide server)".

I set this and canyouseeme.org still reckons port 80 is closed!

I definatley pointed it at my computer (10.0.0.1).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Port Forwarding Untitled 5 1,477 03-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Last Post: brendanle78
  port forwarding hinmar 9 3,029 08-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Last Post: hinmar
  Port Forwarding SURFboard SB5100 RPicard 1 4,323 12-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Last Post: RPicard
  Port forwarding. Canoris 7 2,734 12-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™