Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port Forwarding not working!
I know how to forward my ports, but it never seems to work!

I am using a Thomson TG782T.

The guide for it is not on portforward.com but there is a very similar one, which I can follow to the T, and I am!

When I check if the port is open at http://www.canyouseeme.org/ (Awesome tool!) it says it is closed!

I have tried rebooting the gateway to see if the changes take affect, but it doesn't seem to do anything!

Can anyone help me out? I have team viewer if a remote support connection is needed.
I find port forwarding quite simple. If your having trouble perhaps its a simple mistake?
Like forwarding to the wrong local address?
More info perhaps would be needed.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I'm forwarding to the only computer on the network (me).

I just found a whole lot of security settings, such as firewall, extended security, intrusion detection, and content sharing (FTP)

I turned them all off, except for the content sharing, which i enabled.
Dmz zone will allow it to work for you but that is opening all ports basically.
The Rules!

...and thats not good is it?
No, it's not exactally good to have all of your ports open.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Haha, well I don't mind for now, as I'm not exactly a big target on the internet, well, I hope not!

How do I go about doing this? I've never heard of it, and yes I Googled it, but only came up with some system developed by the military to add extra security on top of what they already had? I didn't understand it very well.
http://www.portforward.com/english/route...efault.htm

There is DMZ available on that router seemingly. Well one very similar. Check that thread and follow instructions and you should be set.
Just out of curiousity. How do you know its not working?
I mean are you getting someone else to try connect to you or are you trying to connect to yourself?
Because connecting to yourself is not going to work with your external ip address as the url for yourself but it will for others.
You will need to use your local address like 192.168.1.1 or localhost or whatever it may be.
The Rules!

Most residential ISP's block ports to combat viruses and spam. The most commonly blocked ports are port 80 and port 25.

Port 80 is the default port for http traffic. With blocked port 80 you will need to run your web server on a non-standard port in conjunction with a port 80/web redirect from No-IP.com. ......... THIS IS REAL INCARNATIO ADVICING YOU
port forwarding is a very dangerous thing.You may be even caught.
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Port Forwarding Untitled 5 1,477 03-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Last Post: brendanle78
  port forwarding hinmar 9 3,029 08-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Last Post: hinmar
  Port Forwarding SURFboard SB5100 RPicard 1 4,323 12-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Last Post: RPicard
  Port forwarding. Canoris 7 2,734 12-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™