Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do I start?
Nice, with a GUI or command prompt based?
[Image: bea699ce6c7acdb7ffbf10d0432f352f.jpg]
You should try learning C# first. It's quite easy to learn if you stick at it and motivate yourself. You can do a lot of stuff with it, and if you're planning on learning C++ in the future, they are both very similar. Thumbsup
[Image: nt18.png]
You are 1 person out of over 8 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 out of 100 billion solar systems in 1 out of 100 billion galaxies and you are enormously insignificant.

I heard C# is very similar to VB though?
(12-08-2010, 01:27 PM)Zeon Wrote: I heard C# is very similar to VB though?
Not really, I heard if you start with VB you can develop some bad habits. Also C# is very similar to C++ which is better in the long run because if you know C++, you will have a higher chance of getting hired in a good position as a programmer. Oui
You are 1 person out of over 8 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 out of 100 billion solar systems in 1 out of 100 billion galaxies and you are enormously insignificant.

How should I start learning C#?
(12-09-2010, 01:43 PM)Zeon Wrote: How should I start learning C#?

Find various tutorials on Youtube and HackForums.

Or take a class, either online or in school.
[Image: idgjkO.png]
(12-09-2010, 01:43 PM)Zeon Wrote: How should I start learning C#?
If you want a really comprehensive course with videos and even homework, then talk to -Paradox- off of HF. He currently has a service where he is giving out really good videos of learning C# and many other languages. I would give you some links to some of the videos, but I promised him I wouldn't, but I can give you link to his service on HF.

http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=866946
It's really HQ stuff. I think it's about a 15 day course, complete with homework and solutions. Thumbsup

Sounds good, only problem is my internet speed is too slow for videos. I could try it on a computer with a decent internet speed, download the vids there,put them in a pen drive, and transfer them to my laptop (my desktop doesn't have windows). I'll have to wait until I'm unlimited though. phir3 nuk3r kicked off as staff with a bit too much enthusiasm.
(12-10-2010, 01:49 PM)Zeon Wrote: Sounds good, only problem is my internet speed is too slow for videos. I could try it on a computer with a decent internet speed, download the vids there,put them in a pen drive, and transfer them to my laptop (my desktop doesn't have windows). I'll have to wait until I'm unlimited though. phir3 nuk3r kicked off as staff with a bit too much enthusiasm.
I see, well it's a good course, and so far I'm liking it. So I would suggest it. There may a problem though, because there is about 115 vids or so. You will have to download a lot, but in my opinion, its worth it, you learn a programming language and you could do so much with it.

Are the videos embedded or can you download them?