Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel GMA Graphics Cards
I am looking to buy a new computer, I have narrowed it down to two choices, one of them uses the Intel GMA x4500 Graphics Card and the other uses the Intel GMA x5400 Graphics Card.

I have been searching for the specs of these cards, but can't find anything.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it Smile
http://www3.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/321386.pdf

Theres a complete informational pdf file of the whole overlook of specs for the x4500. Haven't found anything on the x5400, but I had a computer with that graphics card in it, and it's functionality, and performance was fairly good. I was satisfied with it.
(11-28-2010, 03:59 PM)Infinity Wrote: http://www3.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/321386.pdf

Theres a complete informational pdf file of the whole overlook of specs for the x4500. Haven't found anything on the x5400, but I had a computer with that graphics card in it, and it's functionality, and performance was fairly good. I was satisfied with it.

Could you play high end games on it smoothly, such as World of Warcraft and Call of Duty.
I've never played those games on my computer before, so I couldn't say, and I wouldn't want to guess or tell you anything about how well it would work with those games. But it seemed to work alright with a PCSX2 emulator. Thats a whole different category though.

If you don't want that graphics card you can always upgrade to a better one.

If you want a true gaming experience I would highly recommend ATI Radeon HD 6870 as your graphics card. It's around $250 USD, but it was worth it for me. It will truly blow your mind away...
(11-28-2010, 04:07 PM)Infinity Wrote: I've never played those games on my computer before, so I couldn't say, and I wouldn't want to guess or tell you anything about how well it would work with those games. But it seemed to work alright with a PCSX2 emulator. Thats a whole different category though.

If you don't want that graphics card you can always upgrade to a better one.

If you want a true gaming experience I would highly recommend ATI Radeon HD 6870 as your graphics card. It's around $250 USD, but it was worth it for me. It will truly blow your mind away...

Ok so how about this,

Computer (£399.99) http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bl...3-pdt.html

NVIDIA Graphics Card (£59.99) http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/pny-nvidia...8-pdt.html

Would this be a good enough combo to run demanding games smoothly.
Yeah, the specs look good on the CPU for the computer, and the processor details look fairly decent for gaming. It should be sufficient for that type of use. You don't need the best of everything to have a good gaming experience, and that would be a good start in my opinion.
(11-28-2010, 04:39 PM)Infinity Wrote: Yeah, the specs look good on the CPU for the computer, and the processor details look fairly decent for gaming. It should be sufficient for that type of use. You don't need the best of everything to have a good gaming experience, and that would be a good start in my opinion.

What about the NVIDIA Graphics Card, is 1GB a good size for a smooth gaming experience.
Yeah 1GB of memory is fairly good for smooth gaming. Just make sure you meet the computer requirements for that graphics card and you're good. It also supports OpenGL and Pixel Shader 4.1 which is good.
I'm going to say that its not that good of a card.. and you most likely wont be able to play the hardcore games that you might want. I've noticed a lot of good deals on computers but they have a built in graphics card, and it bottlenecks your gaming experience. You would be better off grabbing a decent card if your goal is to play games.
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".
[Image: siggy.png]
MSN: Xzotic@live.com
Intel and Radeon seem to have some good cards for gaming. NVIDEA usually isn't idea for gaming, but some are decent to play with. With my purposes, I don't need a powerful graphics card, but i've also never played World of Warcraft or anything on my computer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Click4Support Scam Alert: Be Wary of Gift Cards TobyCordova 0 408 01-27-2015, 03:08 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  Intel vs AMD Deltron 59 17,995 04-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Crystal
  Intel VS AMD º¤øĐőŘđĘø¤º 37 6,242 09-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Lazydude2000
  Two Video Cards, which is better? heretician 11 1,934 01-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Last Post: MarkW7
  Graphics cards bloodrain2011 6 804 01-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Last Post: kaigen