Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Should I take up VB?
(11-28-2010, 10:43 PM)thanasis2028 Wrote: VB6 has become way too old. VB.NET is better.

VB6 is good if you want to make malicious software, due to there being no dependencies.
(11-28-2010, 12:42 PM)the_GENie Wrote: Even C++ is drag and drop in Visual Studio. It's up to you if you want to learn to program in VB or not. I find it a very easy language to get started in. A lot of people say Python is a great language for beginners as well. As thanasis said, VB is a good way to get a grasp on Object-Oriented Programming. If you want a language similar to VB but with a more 'programming' type syntax, look at C#..

I would never use Visual Studio to learn C++.

(11-28-2010, 10:56 AM)ѕмии™ Wrote: It not complicated at all.
I taught myself Smile

How?
(11-27-2010, 10:47 PM)Reality Wrote: No, take up C++.

Jesus! He's 14!
VB is a good stepping stone for other languages. I suggest you do!
Is it? I heard that other languages' syntaxes are completely different.
I would start with VB, because to me VB is the stage infant stage of coding. Its fairly easy, and its a good start. I would then try C++, or maybe even HTML.
I can give you random advice when you need it, just drop a PM.
MY SUPER COOL SIGNATURE By Deluxe <3
If want to learn a real language, learn C++.

I'm keeping vb.net thought. xD
[Image: just-cause-2-header.jpg]
I'd suggest learning any .NET language to start off with, whether it be VB.NET or Csharp, just to get a grasp on a language to start from, then move onto a harder language like C++ if you wanted to.
Aren't their syntaxes completely different though? Wouldn't it be like starting again?
[Image: bea699ce6c7acdb7ffbf10d0432f352f.jpg]
(12-02-2010, 02:50 PM)Zeon Wrote: Aren't their syntaxes completely different though? Wouldn't it be like starting again?

To me, VB6 and C++ are pretty close to the same thing, its basically drag n drop in visual studio.

There are some different codings and processes to go through, but generally, they are close to being the same.
MY SUPER COOL SIGNATURE By Deluxe <3
I would never use Visual Studio to learn a serious programming language.
[Image: bea699ce6c7acdb7ffbf10d0432f352f.jpg]