Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National burn a dollar day.
I'll burn a $1 Canadian dollar.. but that wouldn't do much, eh? (Not an intentional 'eh' rofl, it's a habit.)
It's illegal to burn money? Really?
It would be like burning trees, what a waste of mother nature. There's other methods. It's all about the circulation of money flow. Capitalism usually forces most of the money to the "fat cats" anyways. All the high greedy businessmen, thats the reason the economy is in a downfall most of the time. If Bill Gates gave out even $100 000 to everyone in the US, he could afford it when you take into account the number of people living in the United States. People would spend, and the circulation of money would be a good thing for a recession.

The value of the dollar might go down, but governments do that for other reasons as well Smile For example in Germany after the war, they had to pay for all the damage, and so the government printed more money. Then when they gave that money out to other countries, it was worth a lot less in turn, even though lots of people had to walk around with a wheel barrel of money just to buy some bread.

In my opinion, to make a currency out of paper was the dumbest idea mankind has ever come up with. Why can't we use some other renewable resource?

(11-20-2010, 05:48 PM)Reality Wrote: It's illegal to burn money? Really?

It's the same as defacing a coin. Yes
(11-20-2010, 07:56 PM)Infinity Wrote: It would be like burning trees, what a waste of mother nature. There's other methods. It's all about the circulation of money flow. Capitalism usually forces most of the money to the "fat cats" anyways. All the high greedy businessmen, thats the reason the economy is in a downfall most of the time. If Bill Gates gave out even $100 000 to everyone in the US, he could afford it when you take into account the number of people living in the United States. People would spend, and the circulation of money would be a good thing for a recession.

The value of the dollar might go down, but governments do that for other reasons as well Smile For example in Germany after the war, they had to pay for all the damage, and so the government printed more money. Then when they gave that money out to other countries, it was worth a lot less in turn, even though lots of people had to walk around with a wheel barrel of money just to buy some bread.

In my opinion, to make a currency out of paper was the dumbest idea mankind has ever come up with. Why can't we use some other renewable resource?

It's the same as defacing a coin. Yes
Like metal? ._. They re-melt it..
(11-20-2010, 08:04 PM)Extra Wrote: Like metal? ._. They re-melt it..

Are you talking about my renewable resource idea, or the illegal statement of burning money that I commented on? But sure, that would be an alright alternative, even though it would take up more space in your wallet. Folding paper is easier, but i'm sure there are other suggestions out there.
(11-20-2010, 08:06 PM)Infinity Wrote: Are you talking about my renewable resource idea, or the illegal statement of burning money that I commented on? But sure, that would be an alright alternative, even though it would take up more space in your wallet. Folding paper is easier, but i'm sure there are other suggestions out there.
Renewable resource
I could do that and not burn it at the same time. Big Grin
Twick's that's funny
I just burn't $400 for my myTouch 4G doe's that count?
[Image: 27zxdp3.png]
Ventriloquist@live.com
;)

Defacing a dollar is common practice, marking a bill to see if it's fake or not is technically defacement.
I sit in this small hole and think

the voices aren't real

but they have the most beautiful ideas.
(11-21-2010, 09:06 AM)Xander Wrote: ;)

Defacing a dollar is common practice, marking a bill to see if it's fake or not is technically defacement.

No, you're wrong again.

Plus burning the dollar is pointless as once it's realized that the money is no longer being circulated it is reprinted.

Instead of burning your money, spend it on non-commercial products (locally made things).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hug Day Images 2016, Hug Day Wishes 2016, Hug Day Quotes 2016, Hug Day Greetings 2016 joyazzay 1 712 03-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Last Post: AjayDevgan
  18 Million Dollar Government Contract for Web Design Grizzly 1 887 12-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Dutchcoffee
  your greatest national hero.. albo 4 566 11-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Last Post: CuppyCake