Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't connect to my site - host can
Hi, I'm having my friend host my website and it's not up for me but it's up for him.. he's in Sweden. I don't know what the problem is, can anyone tell me?
post the url in this thread so we can help you out with this. How do you know that the site is up for him?
It's still during the MyBB installation..
I can't connect from my own IP or a few proxies for several countries.
Contact your host again, tell them it's happening for many people in several countries. Don't let them dismiss the problem so easily.
Well it's free hosting so I can't complain. I could afford it a while ago but I couldn't later so my friend said he could host stuff and I asked for free hosting and now here we are..
If its free hosting is it possible that they block certain countries from accessing it?
I can connect, but theres no site, no one ever even installed MyBB there, they uploaded it to the ftp and didn't type in the directory to install it.

Code:
http://www.sweettears.net/install/

ask him what he named the mysql database, and input that yourself, with the password.

Unless, you're saying that you can't even access the site, to see that mybb error, that shows that it hasn't even been installed yet. If he thinks he has a site uploaded to it, I don't think he understands what he's doing...
No, I uploaded it to the FTP and then tried to go to the /install directory but when I go to it I get this:

[spoiler]

This webpage is not available.

Are you using a proxy by default? Can you connect with a proxy?

sounds like either the file permission is set wrong, or something is wrong from the host, not allowing for a connection. It might be an ISP/Firewall issue and they are blocking your IP address for some reason. Try contacting them.

Also, try in cmd prompt: ipconfig /flushdns
Then reload your website.
I tried ipconfig /flushdns and no help.
I'm now switching the name servers to a free host to see if that works. I also have tried connecting through proxies, and I'm gonna think about calling the ISP providers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am going to host a high-traffic web site in Europe Mirandas 4 343 10-11-2021, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Adnorips
  I need to run a e-commerce site. Any good host? Kdstack 6 356 12-29-2020, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Mirandas
  Thinking to host e-commerce site Tilsun 5 948 07-28-2020, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Kdstack
  Thinking to host e-commerce site Mirandas 3 953 06-18-2020, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Adnorips
  Need to host e-commerce site in Greece Tilsun 6 2,396 04-20-2017, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Kdstack