Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Not getting along with family at all
Your parents are just trying to help Smile just try to get through it man! Good luck!
I'm going through something similar like this with my parents. I'm taking AP English, AP Computer Science, Psychology, Physics Honors, and PreCalc (I'm in 11th grade too).

I try my best in all my classes, but unfortunately, I have a low grade in math - it fluctuates between a high C and a low B. And I can honestly say that's the best I can do.
However, my mom is constantly on my case about doing my best and getting good grades and "and C won't look good on your transcript". I know she means well, but it's the best that I can do!
She pesters me about school all day - when I'm not in my room that is. That's all I ever talk about with her.
I never really talk to my dad about anything.

What I do is just study and do the best I can, without overloading and studying like a maniac. I always set aside some time for "me" and to just chill.

I do most of my work on the internet (virtual school), so if I feel that I need some downtime, I'll tell my parents I'm doing schoolwork and get online to play games, visit forums, or work on my GFX. That way, we're both happy.

Anyway, good luck with everything. I hope it all works out for you :]
I am 14 and in 8th grade.
I know what you mean.
Anytime my mom tells me something it's either an argument or griping about my grades.
I try to do good and get along but it doesn't work.
Now, Most of the time I just give up.
Go to my room or go and ride my four-wheeler.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
It is normal to feel like this when you are a teenager.

Everyone has gone through this at one time or another. At one point, have a nice and serious conversation with your family. They have given you unconditional love, and should understand.
Quit school, Piss off your parents.
(11-12-2010, 07:55 PM)Guest Wrote: Quit school, Piss off your parents.
Not funny... Seeing as how my dad is a judge and my brother is in Law School, that wouldn't fly in my family. Please don't post if you're not ganna be helpful.
Thanks everyone for the advice. Things are kinda getting better now so I think I might be able to actually bring these grades up.
I had a similar problem but they were only Honors classes. I dropped them all and are in on-grade and my life is so much more pleasant. I don't even need to smoke weed, I just smoke it now because I want to, not to temporarily drop all of my problems. It worked for me, but in your case it sounds like your parents won't let you out..
(11-13-2010, 10:25 AM)Epic Smiley™ Wrote: I had a similar problem but they were only Honors classes. I dropped them all and are in on-grade and my life is so much more pleasant. I don't even need to smoke weed, I just smoke it now because I want to, not to temporarily drop all of my problems. It worked for me, but in your case it sounds like your parents won't let you out..
Yeah thats basically it... My dad ended up calling 2 of my teachers Thursday and I haven't been allowed to use the computer much.
I know all of the material perfectly that is going to be on my spanish test Monday, but they are still making me study... I really don't understand their logic. They say I've been slacking off during the week so I can't slack off on the weekdays. I pulled up my grade reports online and showed that I have only missed 1 assignment in the past 2 months. They still are making me study. -.-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is it wrong not to love your own family? ItsxThatx1Kidx 6 2,026 08-23-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: wasim s
  Trouble with a member of my family tunafish 1 687 12-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: ElViper
  House/Family/Financial Advice Metapod 5 1,240 06-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Last Post: ///ViNcE
  Can't stand looking at my Family Members so sad. ๖ۣۜChubaca™ 10 1,850 03-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Alreiger
  A broken family Anarchy ツ 10 2,260 01-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Starstruck