Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home/Online schooling?
Can someone point me in the direction of resources?

Think that's all you will need ....

I looked but can't find much :/
This site looks like a decent resource to start with. I have to ask though, you have about a year and a half left of school. Why would you want to drop out and finish with home schooling at this point?

You'll need to get your GED in the end, because most employers won't bat an eye at your home school "diploma." And the whole "GEDs are considered equivalent to a high school diploma" is propaganda. The Army won't even accept a GED without a certain number of college credits backing it; and the Army isn't exactly known for its strict enlistment standards. Employers also don't look at partial credits; you either have a diploma or you don't. All of this will make working during college, or getting an internship should your major require it, very difficult.
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
It's an ongoing fight with the administration. I really can't take it anymore and I find it to be hurting me more and more with every passing incident.

There a very backwoods school focused on there shitty team and they downgrade my chosen field and close off career paths for it in the long run.
Online schooling is free isn't it? Last time I checked, Georgia and Iowa are free regardless of GPD.
Well, I live in FL and I do online schooling with Florida Virtual School. If you live outside of FL, you have to pay for it, but it's not extremely expensive or anything. If it's something you really want, talk about it with your parents.

www.flvs.net
Isn't home schooling really boring?
[Image: 58iH.gif]
I think homeschooling sucks.. i've tried it .. and i wouldn't recommend it!
(11-10-2010, 01:37 AM)Malmoc Wrote: I think homeschooling sucks.. i've tried it .. and i wouldn't recommend it!

I love it Sleep

(11-10-2010, 12:27 AM)C4Vendetta Wrote: Isn't home schooling really boring?

Like anything else, it has it's pros and cons. I chose homeschooling cause at school, I was bored out of my mind cause all the class were too easy...Advanced classes, honors classes, IB classes...all too easy. Now with homeschooling, I choose hard classes that challenge me and are more relevant to what I want to do with my life.

Sure, I miss being in a classroom setting, but I still have friends and lots of activities, just at different times of the day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As a home worker, I need this help. hasinabegum 0 429 02-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Last Post: hasinabegum
  How can I improve my schooling grades Xuanson 25 4,013 07-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Last Post: grandislandne