Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Make .exe?
Well, I've used Python for awhile doing my own thing, never needed to make a .exe... But now I do . Ive downloaded py2exe. Except I have no idea how to use it, Ive read some other tutorials, but they really dont make any sense to me, could anyone explain how.

Thanks a lot!
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".
[Image: siggy.png]
MSN: Xzotic@live.com
http://www.py2exe.org/
Loljaydoesn'treadwholethread

Jay he said he tried that :F
Isn't there HelpContents on the py2exe website?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Yeah , But im not understanding it worth a dam... they make it look easy, but when i try, It fails..
why cant you just use the .py file?
I dont see a situation where you couldent.
slowly getting better
(10-27-2010, 07:12 PM)Metus Wrote: why cant you just use the .py file?
I dont see a situation where you couldent.

It's not an issue on a development machine. But your audience is very limited if you're writing a script that may be used by others. Not many people (in the grand scheme of PC users) have Python installed. By using py2exe a Python script can be converted into a standalone executable that doesn't require Python to be present on the user's PC.

Xzotic, I know someone mentioned the help documents, but have you read the tutorial on the py2exe web site? And if so exactly where are you getting hung up?
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
(10-27-2010, 11:19 PM)Disease Wrote: It's not an issue on a development machine. But your audience is very limited if you're writing a script that may be used by others. Not many people (in the grand scheme of PC users) have Python installed. By using py2exe a Python script can be converted into a standalone executable that doesn't require Python to be present on the user's PC.

Xzotic, I know someone mentioned the help documents, but have you read the tutorial on the py2exe web site? And if so exactly where are you getting hung up?

Ok, I think I figured it out, except the fact that it keeps saying I dont have py2exe when I try to import it, I downloaded and installed it, not sure whats up with it really.

"C:\Tutorial>python setup.py install"

It tells me to do that? I'm not sure where I would do that at. Because appererntly I dont have py2exe installed correctly because I cannot import it.

I Get this error.. and Ive installed py2exe twice now.
ImportError: No module named py2exe

Heres the other Deal... Im running Python 3.1, but Py2exe is only up to 2.5 for me.. Does that mean I have to downgrade my Python Version?
I didn't even know you could do that, oh well, guess I know now.
This explains quite well:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR483VkOvkE[/yt]
[Image: idgjkO.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Tutorial) .py to .exe L0iz 11 3,241 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Last Post: cryptforyou.
  Need help: 'encrypting' a .exe MarkW7 1 727 12-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Last Post: uber1337