Support Forums

Full Version: How to Make .exe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I've used Python for awhile doing my own thing, never needed to make a .exe... But now I do . Ive downloaded py2exe. Except I have no idea how to use it, Ive read some other tutorials, but they really dont make any sense to me, could anyone explain how.

Thanks a lot!
Loljaydoesn'treadwholethread

Jay he said he tried that :F
Isn't there HelpContents on the py2exe website?
Yeah , But im not understanding it worth a dam... they make it look easy, but when i try, It fails..
why cant you just use the .py file?
I dont see a situation where you couldent.
(10-27-2010, 07:12 PM)Metus Wrote: [ -> ]why cant you just use the .py file?
I dont see a situation where you couldent.

It's not an issue on a development machine. But your audience is very limited if you're writing a script that may be used by others. Not many people (in the grand scheme of PC users) have Python installed. By using py2exe a Python script can be converted into a standalone executable that doesn't require Python to be present on the user's PC.

Xzotic, I know someone mentioned the help documents, but have you read the tutorial on the py2exe web site? And if so exactly where are you getting hung up?
(10-27-2010, 11:19 PM)Disease Wrote: [ -> ]It's not an issue on a development machine. But your audience is very limited if you're writing a script that may be used by others. Not many people (in the grand scheme of PC users) have Python installed. By using py2exe a Python script can be converted into a standalone executable that doesn't require Python to be present on the user's PC.

Xzotic, I know someone mentioned the help documents, but have you read the tutorial on the py2exe web site? And if so exactly where are you getting hung up?

Ok, I think I figured it out, except the fact that it keeps saying I dont have py2exe when I try to import it, I downloaded and installed it, not sure whats up with it really.

"C:\Tutorial>python setup.py install"

It tells me to do that? I'm not sure where I would do that at. Because appererntly I dont have py2exe installed correctly because I cannot import it.

I Get this error.. and Ive installed py2exe twice now.
ImportError: No module named py2exe

Heres the other Deal... Im running Python 3.1, but Py2exe is only up to 2.5 for me.. Does that mean I have to downgrade my Python Version?
I didn't even know you could do that, oh well, guess I know now.
This explains quite well:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR483VkOvkE[/yt]
Pages: 1 2