Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have PTSD, what to do?
(10-21-2010, 04:27 PM)Sam Wrote: Have you tried a support group? Because the people there can speak about they're feelings and there will be others who don't know why like you, advice first hand from a fellow sufferer is a great thing.

There will most likely be one near you.

I've also tried that, I always end up shutting down because the PTSD triggers anxiety/depression when I think about trusting someone.
Okay then my only final suggestion is to keep a journal. When you feel down and upset, write down your feelings and/or draw pictures or write poems and stories.

Often working through emotions constructively by writing and then reviewing them later can help you understand the triggers and help you prepare and cope with the sadness and depression.

Why not write a story where anything you want can happen, when you're feeling down then just take yourself of to a corner and write or draw. Just help your mind focus.

That's all I can really say Big Grin I hope I've helped a little bit and I'm always here to talk to if you're feeling down.

If I'm online then just send me a PM and I'll gladly have a chat with you geez.

~ Sam
(10-21-2010, 04:12 PM)Xander Wrote: Hello everyone, I need some advice on dealing with my PTSD.

My PTSD causes an extreme stress on any relationships I manage to find due to my paranoia/trust issues, I've lost more than one loved one due to the paranoia.

It causes severe depression, I have thought about suicide more than once, but I always think of what if I fail, will I be left with half a face, will I be marked the rest of my life?

I don't know what to do, I have no friends, nobody to talk to about my feelings, my only real friends are my animals, and the only time I find peace is when I am out walking alone in the forest ready to die.

Medication has no effect on me, neither does therapy, I don't know what to do anymore guys, someone please help me. :/

i had self-diagnosed PTSD Smile but, see, psychological problems are what they are - all in the psyche (all in the mind)...it's something you basically thought up. naturally, the cure would be something you haven't thought about as of yet. i have no idea if i'm making perfect sense here but the bottom line is you can make yourself feel better. i'm a complete mess being through what i have been through but no one can absolutely tell Non and i guess that already matters a whole lot. just stay above your problems, never go beneath them ;)
Well some of my mates have ADHD - I think that's what it's called. But it doesn't stop them going out, socializing and stuff. I cant see how this is ruining relationships because if this is something you've always had then the person that you have bonded with likes you as a person. Not your disability mate.

(Assuming this is a disability, am i correct?)
Please familiarise yourself with the site rules - Linking to adult related content is forbidden.
(10-25-2010, 01:21 PM)Lord Mano 1 Wrote: Well some of my mates have ADHD - I think that's what it's called. But it doesn't stop them going out, socializing and stuff. I cant see how this is ruining relationships because if this is something you've always had then the person that you have bonded with likes you as a person. Not your disability mate.

(Assuming this is a disability, am i correct?)

PTSD is FAR worse than ADHD.

ADHD causes you to be hyper, impulsive, etc.

PTSD causes severe depression, flashbacks, night terrors, anxiety attacks, etc.
I sit in this small hole and think

the voices aren't real

but they have the most beautiful ideas.