Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have PTSD, what to do?
Hello everyone, I need some advice on dealing with my PTSD.

My PTSD causes an extreme stress on any relationships I manage to find due to my paranoia/trust issues, I've lost more than one loved one due to the paranoia.

It causes severe depression, I have thought about suicide more than once, but I always think of what if I fail, will I be left with half a face, will I be marked the rest of my life?

I don't know what to do, I have no friends, nobody to talk to about my feelings, my only real friends are my animals, and the only time I find peace is when I am out walking alone in the forest ready to die.

Medication has no effect on me, neither does therapy, I don't know what to do anymore guys, someone please help me. :/
I'm pretty retarded sometimes.. but what is PTSD?
(10-21-2010, 04:15 PM)ÆЯØ Wrote: I'm pretty retarded sometimes.. but what is PTSD?

Post-Traumatic stress disorder
The first thing you need to realize is that you're not alone, 7.7 million over 18's in the US have this but I don't really know how to help you.

All I can say is suicide isn't something you should consider, you really need to talk to someone professionally about your problem.
(10-21-2010, 04:16 PM)Sam Wrote: The first thing you need to realize is that you're not alone, 7.7 million over 18's in the US have this but I don't really know how to help you.

All I can say is suicide isn't something you should consider, you really need to talk to someone professionally about your problem.

I've tried that Sam, nobody seems to be able to help me because they try to figure out what caused the onset of PTSD, but I have no idea. :/
Are you close to your family?
(10-21-2010, 04:18 PM)Sam Wrote: Are you close to your family?

Sadly, I'm not.

My PTSD causes me to completely shutdown when I get stressed, I don't eat, I don't talk, all I do is lay/sit around. :/

That's what also makes it hard to diagnose what caused the onset because when I have a memory or thought of it, I blackout and I can't remember anything.
Well it seems like typical PTSD for you, what have you tried before? Have you seen doctors, how long did you try medication for?
(10-21-2010, 04:22 PM)Sam Wrote: Well it seems like typical PTSD for you, what have you tried before? Have you seen doctors, how long did you try medication for?

I've seen countless doctors all across the country, I've been going through different medications since I was 10, (Currently 18).
Have you tried a support group? Because the people there can speak about they're feelings and there will be others who don't know why like you, advice first hand from a fellow sufferer is a great thing.

There will most likely be one near you.