Poll: Which Computer types last longest, Windows PC or Apple Macintosh?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Microsoft Windows PC
96.88%
31 96.88%
Apple Macintosh
3.13%
1 3.13%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Computer types most prefered, Windows PC or Apple Macintosh?
(10-12-2010, 08:43 PM)Infinity Wrote: You are wrong there trust me. I've dealt with both machines plenty of times and apple is simply a better machine. I'm a fan of Windows as well, and I like Windows better, but I'm not basing my opinions on the things I have said here. It has nothing to do with the simple or beginner navigation. Do some research, then come back here and post Smile

I've done my research and I've used the devices before.

They aren't superior in any way, to the contrary they're purposely limited because Apple thinks their users can't handle the devices correctly.

Not to mention Apple overprices everything they sell.

Let's put it this way:
You can do EVERYTHING a Mac can do on a Windows system AND more.
(10-12-2010, 08:47 PM)Sickshot Wrote: I've done my research and I've used the devices before.

They aren't superior in any way, to the contrary they're purposely limited because Apple thinks their users can't handle the devices correctly.

Not to mention Apple overprices everything they sell.

Let's put it this way:
You can do EVERYTHING a Mac can do on a Windows system AND more.

I edited my post with more information. It might be able to do most of what a Mac can do, but i'm not sure that includes EVERYTHING. That still doesn't answer the question on which machine is better. Mac still runs a lot faster than a Windows Machine because overtime Windows gets loaded with lots more boot services and programs. And it filters through a list even though you don't have them enabled to load. Mac is the opposite.

And theres no need for additional AV's on a Mac. Apple is overpriced, but there's a lot better hardware put into the making of an Apple computer. (Still has nothing to do with which machine is better lol)

Apple makes everything simple so that the users have an easier time of navigating their computer settings. Their control panel is a lot more organized than Windows. People might not like how they make the user look stupid. But keep in mind even though it annoys people, the majority of computer users out there may THINK they know what they are doing, when they really don't. That may not apply to AS MANY people around here because we take this as a hobby. But theres lots of information on how Mac's are more reliable, and faster.
All of the customization and menus in Mac aren't as great. But if they didn't treat users like complete idiots, and they got all that sorted out with just as many quick options to save and open for example that a Windows machine has, the machine itself is still better, and that would be the only difference in comparison.
Quote:Mac still runs a lot faster than a Windows Machine because overtime Windows gets loaded with lots more boot services and programs. And it filters through a list even though you don't have them enabled to load. Mac is the opposite.

It loads with boot services and startup programs only if you don't know how to set it up. Of course, that's great for a Mac user because they don't need to worry about it, but if some people weren't totally ignorant of the 'MSConfig' in Windows, their life would be so much better.

I get an unimaginable amount of people asking me to get rid of the start-up programs, like AIM, MSN, etc.

Also, I believe that if "hackers" really gave a damn about the Mac OS, they can do some damage. Luckily, there isn't a big problem, YET.
Don't get me wrong, Macs are great. I used to do studio work with mine, but it's pathetic how the one I built for $500 less blows it out of the water in performance.
[Image: fixedt.png]
(10-12-2010, 09:26 PM)ElephantShoe Wrote: It loads with boot services and startup programs only if you don't know how to set it up. Of course, that's great for a Mac user because they don't need to worry about it, but if some people weren't totally ignorant of the 'MSConfig' in Windows, their life would be so much better.

I get an unimaginable amount of people asking me to get rid of the start-up programs, like AIM, MSN, etc.

Also, I believe that if "hackers" really gave a damn about the Mac OS, they can do some damage. Luckily, there isn't a big problem, YET.
Don't get me wrong, Macs are great. I used to do studio work with mine, but it's pathetic how the one I built for $500 less blows it out of the water in performance.

I use msconfig as well every once in a while when I download new programs. You can set the boot startup delay as well, as long as you know the proper range of numbers to put in there. Mine's set at 20 secs.

I remember having a problem that was from Norton security on my computer firewalling something, so I had to boot my computer in clean mode, disabling a lot of the unnecessary startup services to find a solution. I think I was downloading a Microsoft Office pack, and I was having problems with user account control and Norton. It was a cracked version though, and it's been working ever since lol.
(10-12-2010, 08:53 PM)Infinity Wrote: I edited my post with more information. It might be able to do most of what a Mac can do, but i'm not sure that includes EVERYTHING. That still doesn't answer the question on which machine is better. Mac still runs a lot faster than a Windows Machine because overtime Windows gets loaded with lots more boot services and programs. And it filters through a list even though you don't have them enabled to load. Mac is the opposite.

And theres no need for additional AV's on a Mac. Apple is overpriced, but there's a lot better hardware put into the making of an Apple computer. (Still has nothing to do with which machine is better lol)

Apple makes everything simple so that the users have an easier time of navigating their computer settings. Their control panel is a lot more organized than Windows. People might not like how they make the user look stupid. But keep in mind even though it annoys people, the majority of computer users out there may THINK they know what they are doing, when they really don't. That may not apply to AS MANY people around here because we take this as a hobby. But theres lots of information on how Mac's are more reliable, and faster.
All of the customization and menus in Mac aren't as great. But if they didn't treat users like complete idiots, and they got all that sorted out with just as many quick options to save and open for example that a Windows machine has, the machine itself is still better, and that would be the only difference in comparison.

I guess it depends on the person using the PC/MAC

If the person is computer illiterate or just lazy then a Mac is for them because they don't have to worry about having trouble understanding it because it's so simple, the Mac is also for them if they're lazy or paranoid they won't have to worry about viruses.

Windows is more for people who know how to properly handle it. I've ran without an anti-virus for more then 2 years so far without a single virus, blue screen, or crash. Windows is better for me because I like having control over every aspect of the PC, and I've been using it my entire life.

For the price you pay for it, the hardware aspect of a Mac is not better considering you can build 2 efficient gaming PCs for the price of 1 mac.
(10-12-2010, 10:04 PM)Sickshot Wrote: I guess it depends on the person using the PC/MAC

If the person is computer illiterate or just lazy then a Mac is for them because they don't have to worry about having trouble understanding it because it's so simple, the Mac is also for them if they're lazy or paranoid they won't have to worry about viruses.

Windows is more for people who know how to properly handle it. I've ran without an anti-virus for more then 2 years so far without a single virus, blue screen, or crash. Windows is better for me because I like having control over every aspect of the PC, and I've been using it my entire life.

For the price you pay for it, the hardware aspect of a Mac is not better considering you can build 2 efficient gaming PCs for the price of 1 mac.

Maybe, but it would be a good expriment to test which computer would last longer in terms of hardware failure. Lots of people claim Mac has higher quality parts, even if they do the same thing or have the same capacity.

Thats where we can agree. Depends on the person, you said you've been dealing with Microsoft Windows for your entire life, so it's not a suprise that you would like that better. It would take someone who has been on both sides frequently to know what the true capability of both of them are in comparison.
Not really on topic, but the title of this thread holds one of the biggest misconceptions of the computer era. Macs actually ARE PCs. You always hear people saying "PCs are better than Macs", or vice-versa. In reality, the Apple Macintosh is just a customized version of the "standard" PC. I know it's just a casual thing, but the idea that Windows computers are PCs and Macs are something else is dangerous.
I think windows PC's are a lot better
Ok heres my thoughts...

I prefer Apple for Graphic Design... BUT I would never ever buy one simply because they are not worth the expensive price that they are. (It's just a total rip off)..

Windows is my favourite because they are cheap, more user-friendly, &, yes not as good for graphics as Apple, but not that much worse either to be honest..
Windows on Apple

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple id forgot password support phone number +1-888-336-4555 17jameszoe 0 440 11-15-2019, 01:28 AM
Last Post: 17jameszoe