Poll: Which Computer types last longest, Windows PC or Apple Macintosh?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Microsoft Windows PC
96.88%
31 96.88%
Apple Macintosh
3.13%
1 3.13%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Computer types most prefered, Windows PC or Apple Macintosh?
Hey guys, what do you think & why? Which lasts longer? Years wise.

PiratePiratePiratePiratePirate

Give your opinion and vote!!! Big Grin (Personal Computers FTW!!! More Customizable. Period.)
[Image: t5BWm.png]
It's obvious that Mac is a better machine, it's been proven. I just hate them because it would be like learning a new language from start and i'm not used to them. I know about them, I just don't know everything that I know how to do in Microsoft Windows.

Microsoft Windows is a more convenient machine because it's the most popular, but not necessarily better Smile

So i'm going to have to go with Apple on this one... Assuming the person USING the computer even has decent enough knowledge to keep viruses and other infections off their computer. And someone who knows how to keep it running.
(10-12-2010, 05:04 PM)Infinity Wrote: It's obvious that Mac is a better machine, it's been proven. I just hate them because it would be like learning a new language from start and i'm not used to them. I know about them, I just don't know everything that I know how to do in Microsoft Windows.

Microsoft Windows is a more convenient machine because it's the most popular, but not necessarily better Smile

So i'm going to have to go with Apple on this one... Assuming the person USING the computer even has decent enough knowledge to keep viruses and other infections off their computer. And someone who knows how to keep it running.

Wow! Amazing job on the response there inf.

Well, I agree with you on the second paragraph but just because I love windows and they are MUCH MORE capable of doing things better than mac, I go with windows.
(10-12-2010, 05:06 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: Wow! Amazing job on the response there inf.

Well, I agree with you on the second paragraph but just because I love windows and they are MUCH MORE capable of doing things better than mac, I go with windows.

That would be the typical response of a Microsoft person. However it's not true, Mac is actually the better machine for a lot of things.

The only reason people say that is for the fact that, when most people buy a computer, 90% of the time it's a Windows OS. So people get used to it, and think they like it better.
(10-12-2010, 05:09 PM)Infinity Wrote: That would be the typical response of a Microsoft person. However it's not true, Mac is actually the better machine for a lot of things.

The only reason people say that is for the fact that, when most people buy a computer, 90% of the time it's a Windows OS. So people get used to it, and think they like it better.

They're basically dumbed down computers for people who can't properly use a real one without ruining them, they're far from better.
Sometimes it depends how good you take care of it. Keep that in mind.
My informational thread on how to become HQ
[Image: 3af27e76.png]
"An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind"
Your question is misleading. You can have a Mac with a Windows OS and you can dual boot it with Mac OSX. It's easily done vice versa too.

I personally have my own custom built computer which has the Windows 7 OS and a Mac G5 running on Tiger OSX. I rarely use my mac anymore, as a matter of fact, it's collecting dust. Ever since I built my own computer, I'll never touch a Macintosh ever again. I built my computer for $1000 and bought that G5 for $1500 and there's no way it's better than my custom rig performance wise.
[Image: fixedt.png]
If you ask me, is probably for more advanced users, macs are for people who don't know what they're doing with it and prefer to be pussy and not get viruses. I wish all worldwide hackers went for Macs all of a sudden, now wouldn't that change the tables?
I think Windows because I believe Apple is for un-experienced users.
(10-12-2010, 06:33 PM)Robbieava Wrote: Sometimes it depends how good you take care of it. Keep that in mind.

Thats one of the things that I suggested Smile

Sickshot Wrote:They're basically dumbed down computers for people who can't properly use a real one without ruining them, they're far from better.

You are wrong there trust me. I've dealt with both machines plenty of times and apple is simply a better machine. I'm a fan of Windows as well, and I like Windows better, but I'm not basing my opinions on the things I have said here. It has nothing to do with the simple or beginner navigation. Do some research, then come back here and post Smile

Boot times are generally even faster on a Mac because it doesn't allow most of the crap programs to startup on boot. Windows is more cutomizable and compatible with a lot of programs, because you would have to go online to find Mac downloads. However more and more Mac download versions are coming out and that doesn't have anything to do with the machine itself. It still runs better, and thats the inevitable fact.

I think a lot of these posts here are based on peoples opinions on which they find more comfortable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple id forgot password support phone number +1-888-336-4555 17jameszoe 0 440 11-15-2019, 01:28 AM
Last Post: 17jameszoe