Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Social Network
I think it's released near me on the 15th. So probably next week some time.
EDIT:

On a fall night in 2003, Harvard undergrad and computer programming genius Mark Zuckerberg sits down at his computer and heatedly begins working on a new idea. In a fury of blogging and programming, what begins in his dorm room soon becomes a global social network and a revolution in communication. A mere six years and 500 million friends later, Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in history... but for this entrepreneur, success leads to both personal and legal complications. From director David Fincher and screenwriter Aaron Sorkin comes The Social Network, a film that proves you don't get to 500 million friends without making a few enemies. The film is produced by Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca, and Ceán Chaffin and based on the book "The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich.
I saw it a couple days ago and it was great. It definitely ranks at what IMDB says it ranks at, which is at an 8.5 at the moment. It's a very unique story and an awesome movie.

I'm glad I didn't wait for the DVD release.
[Image: fixedt.png]
I am looking forward to it. This was released at the New York Film Festival and received mixed reviews. Most of the criticism was directed at the exaggeration of Harvard customs, poor representation of females in the film, and some liberties with the personality of Mark Zuckerberg. It is probably more fictional than factual, but I will enjoy pulling it apart. Smile
The movie was surprisingly not as good as I expected. More like a documentary with most of the movie feeling as if it was based of history. I think that it would have been better if they had talked more about the main characters. Set us up with some connections or resentful thoughts about the main character. The only one you really got to know what Justin Timberlake. He was quite the scum bag.
My informational thread on how to become HQ
[Image: 3af27e76.png]
"An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind"
People will watch it thinking "oh I have facebook, lets watch it!..."
But apart from the fact that it is facebook, it seems just like another boring movie,
Feel free to PM about anything, I'm here to help.
Read that similar story before , but a movie on it might be good , let's see if its really good.
Mad
I would love to see it, I am trying to find a good torrent, PM me if you find one.
It's more then just Facebook being created.. but the ENTIRE story, the lawsuits, how it all started, it's truly an amazing story.
[Image: Respect.png]
Show Respect, Earn Respect.
An almost legal teen (XVII), social media whore, politics and technology lover. Good at misanthropy.
(10-13-2010, 07:31 PM)Respecт Wrote: It's more then just Facebook being created.. but the ENTIRE story, the lawsuits, how it all started, it's truly an amazing story.

Very much agreed.

I can't wait to see it. Seems so interesting.
Reminds me of the apple/bill gates movie. (can't remember the name)
I've seen some trailers too.. Smile I wanna watch this. Interesting..
[Image: 1hacksyea.png]