Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hotmail, Live, MSN
Thanks for informing us. Smile
[Image: 1hacksyea.png]
(10-12-2010, 09:43 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Am I the only person left using pop3?

Nope. I am also using pop3. Its simply what has worked for best over the years.
And your spot on. Having the local copies can be very valuable at times. Its saved me a few times actually.
About the other mail providers. Thats interesting. I never even considered that to be an issue.
But i have had problems like this before. Perhaps it was the same problem?
Good to know none the less.
Cheers for that.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I find gmail the most reliable email service, I have never had a problem with it.
Msn quite often gets problems.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(10-13-2010, 01:40 AM)Untouch Wrote: I find gmail the most reliable email service, I have never had a problem with it.
Msn quite often gets problems.

Yup. Could not agree more.
I for years have used a combination actually.
Gmail (great spam prevention) then redirect to another (paid) email. And pop3 feed from that.
But Gmail kicks but IMHO. I joined up years and years ago. Like very early in the peace. Only invites.
The Rules!

Omni I am also like you, I use pop3 on my own servers.
(10-13-2010, 02:12 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Yup. Could not agree more.
I for years have used a combination actually.
Gmail (great spam prevention) then redirect to another (paid) email. And pop3 feed from that.
But Gmail kicks but IMHO. I joined up years and years ago. Like very early in the peace. Only invites.

Gmail, a great spam prevention? Make me laugh some more.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Microsoft does this all the time! One time they blocked our local university's email addresses for no apparent reason.
(10-11-2010, 01:43 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Apparently all emails for the service providers of Microsoft (MSN, Hotmail, and Live) are being rejected as part of a blocklist on my IP.

I'm investigating now and looking for a solution. Apologies for any inconvenience.

I don't understand completely, they blocked their services on your IP? Or what?
[Image: Respect.png]
Show Respect, Earn Respect.
An almost legal teen (XVII), social media whore, politics and technology lover. Good at misanthropy.
When emails are sent from my server they block it as a rejected IP sender. At least they did. I'll do some testing tomorrow. I expect their block is only temporary.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-13-2010, 01:31 PM)NekoChan Wrote: Gmail, a great spam prevention? Make me laugh some more.

I receive on average 150 emails a day from various places.
My gmail address has been active for years.
The amount of spam that gets through gmail is like .01%
It catches on average twice as many emails as spam as i get real ones.
So in the area of 300 spammy emails a day.
99.9% of the time the spam filter is full of only spam. On a rare occasion (new site etc) i will have to take a post out of spam once to allow.
But again i stand by what i said. Gmail is great for detecting spam.
If you think msn and other free ones is better then feel free to laugh my friend.
The Rules!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't put my MSN on the list thing Reality 4 669 07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sam