Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
SF > HF
(10-05-2010, 09:41 PM)Infinity Wrote: "Admin" now lol Smile I'm just saying. IBruteForce isn't an admin there anymore, now it's only Omni.

Nope, Crow is an admin now. Tongue
Nearly four years and don't regret a single day.
Quote:But SF can not and will not ever be as big. Its just not possible IMHO.
I have said it since the conception of SF and i stand by that. Got bagged pretty hard for saying it too.

We've gone over this a couple times but I have a new question for you. Think about this too. Did you ever think HF would be bigger than BHW say...2 years ago when it had 500k posts?

You state its limitations are its downfall. Wouldn't the same logic have applied to HF two years ago?

I really think SF will have an easier time at obtaining new members. It has an even broader appeal and the name is generic enough and yet somehow focused enough that I can expand site content readily.

HF's growth is due to one main cause. It's very high rank in search engines for hundreds of thousands of searches. That happens because of quality of content and continued fresh content. SF has an even better formula imho.

I'll keep pushing this site. You should see I post here daily and I always talk about it and promote it. To me it's just a matter of time. I'm really curious to see how far your jaw drops in a couple years when SF is well beyond what you felt were it's limits.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-06-2010, 09:17 AM)Omniscient Wrote: We've gone over this a couple times but I have a new question for you. Think about this too. Did you ever think HF would be bigger than BHW say...2 years ago when it had 500k posts?

You state its limitations are its downfall. Wouldn't the same logic have applied to HF two years ago?

I really think SF will have an easier time at obtaining new members. It has an even broader appeal and the name is generic enough and yet somehow focused enough that I can expand site content readily.

HF's growth is due to one main cause. It's very high rank in search engines for hundreds of thousands of searches. That happens because of quality of content and continued fresh content. SF has an even better formula imho.

I'll keep pushing this site. You should see I post here daily and I always talk about it and promote it. To me it's just a matter of time. I'm really curious to see how far your jaw drops in a couple years when SF is well beyond what you felt were it's limits.

And your right. IT should continue to grow and I hope it does to be honest. I love the people here and welcome new comers who need support or just wanna talk.
Nearly four years and don't regret a single day.
(10-03-2010, 01:59 PM)Happeh Wrote: Is it only me that feels SupportForums is alot more quality than HF? I mean dont get me wrong. I love HF. But just by visiting SF I want to post high quality and give so much.

Well,HF is for hacking and flaming.
SF is a forum for relax and fun.
For me SF is a new beginning for me.
I'll be spending my posting time on here now.
Support Forums is more for me in the aspect that it covers the range of computing that I enjoy without the hacking (Malicious) that I do not.

I guess it comes down to personal preference but SF is likely to handle a lot more mature members as long as it keeps going as it is.
I agree with Omni, website rank will be maintained on searches with updated content. I remember researching about this for my site for hours, and updated content is one of the best ways to maintain a good rank. Thats why they suggest blogs and anything else that can be updated regularly on a website. Since this is a forum though, everything gets updated everyday VERY easily, and its not only about computers like HF. This is about life issues as well, and even more so since there are actual forums for it besides the lounge.

The range of content that will come up for the search engines is a lot wider than the content available at HF. Just because it's bigger now doesn't mean that a site like this cannot catch up to it. Thats where MOST misconceptions come from.

Believe in SF! Superman lol
SF is higher quality, but HF is more fun to be on.
A lot less flaming and LQP on here than HF but im very new so im not gonna say which is better yet (:
ya hf is full of trolls but sf is full of caring people and quality posters, i have only just started sf but so far i like it alot.
Omni you should really make a thread on HF telling people to go sign up on SF...most people on there love you and definitely will sign up