Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
SF > HF
I agree too, it's not the same :

SF > HF
If SF had as much members it'd be better then hf ;D
SF is a great community, just smaller. HF has a TON of immature people that really just ruins it for me. It's a great community though.

SF Has a much more quality community, and it's focus is quite a bit different.
I think it's because the mood level of everyone at HF has turned into trolls and flamers lol Smile So far, guidelines of good quality posting has been set in place, and it's been doing fairly well for maintaining itself in that respect. However once we get a few more people it will still take some work to keep it at the level it's at.

I always thought the community was 100 times better than the one at HF though... Here, everyone gets a chance to learn, and at HF, if you aren't automatically an elite hacker right off the bat, it takes a while to earn your respect around there. This place provides equal opportunity for everyone to gain knowledge, because there is nothing to lose for any member here really. This forum lives up to it's name for sure Smile
Yea, the community here is 10x better.
HF has turned into a ton of wannabe trolls.
It's beyond trolling on HF.

People have low quality posts, people want to scam you, infect you, flame you, and TRY to piss you off.

Here? Lol I wouldn't even scan a link probably.
The reason i think is simple.
The idea behind SF is ultimately what keeps most of us here.
And the fact there is quite a few Really dedicated members here gives more credence.
We (the community) dont accept spam or trolls. They do come but are quickly gone.

Now onto the SF vs HF thing again. Sad
HF is the biggest and best for several reasons really. I wont get into that.
But SF can not and will not ever be as big. Its just not possible IMHO.
I have said it since the conception of SF and i stand by that. Got bagged pretty hard for saying it too.
Not that i dont think SF will continue to be a success.
It will and always will. But its limitations are its downfall.

Ultimately its an unfair comparison IMHO. Nothing against SF. Hell i love SF 10x or even more than HF.
But it is what it is. I cant say i think it will be like HF when CLEARLY it can never be.
Await Omni's thread of stats because of my reply lol.
No disrespect intended at all. I love SF.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

It makes sense, SF is more of an intellectual place than HF and with intelligence comes HQ posts. I think the quality standards on HF have dropped a bit as well, these standards can't be risen without HUGE work and most likely a rather large loss of members.. through banning or choice.
HF has been decreasing it's quality since the beginning of 2010.
(10-03-2010, 11:50 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: The reason i think is simple.
The idea behind SF is ultimately what keeps most of us here.
And the fact there is quite a few Really dedicated members here gives more credence.
We (the community) dont accept spam or trolls. They do come but are quickly gone.

Now onto the SF vs HF thing again. Sad
HF is the biggest and best for several reasons really. I wont get into that.
But SF can not and will not ever be as big. Its just not possible IMHO.
I have said it since the conception of SF and i stand by that. Got bagged pretty hard for saying it too.
Not that i dont think SF will continue to be a success.
It will and always will. But its limitations are its downfall.

Ultimately its an unfair comparison IMHO. Nothing against SF. Hell i love SF 10x or even more than HF.
But it is what it is. I cant say i think it will be like HF when CLEARLY it can never be.
Await Omni's thread of stats because of my reply lol.
No disrespect intended at all. I love SF.

You DO raise a very valid point, sorry to say SF. HF is massive for a whole other reason. SF has the capabilities though, don't get me wrong. I can see SF getting pretty damn large actually. It's already grown a fairly decent amount since the two months ago I joined here.