Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rep abuse.
(09-10-2010, 04:32 AM)NekoChan Wrote: Omni, we do not complain about rep so much, but about the anon system.

You mean that's the only complaints you know about.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(09-10-2010, 11:19 AM)Omniscient Wrote: You mean that's the only complaints you know about.

This is what most of us are complaining about. Either anon rep should go or we should have designated staff to monitor reps given to make sure there isn't rep abuse. If you want to follow that approach I'd be willing to do it.
I also got my first rep for LQP'ing...bt at that time i didn't knew what LQP'ing meant lol......now i knoe & m guilty for it Sad
ALL ATTRACTIONS ARE ILLUSIONARY
Hey Guest click HERE to join Support Forums ,It just takes a minute Oui
Well this has turned into a nice healthy debate apart from Mentalist having a bit of a sook. Smile
Nothing better than differing opinions debated in public.
Honestly i think the majority have spoken here and i think thats really cool.
As stated already. You put a thread like this on a place like HF and it will not go well.
Here it was debated openly and maturely (well mostly)
We should all run for Parliament in Australia. Im sure we could do a better job collectively lol.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I think it's because the site is for the most part filled with all HQ users.

I think that's why most users when they come here to consider trolling they don't because we kind of just flick them off our shoulder like they don't matter. Unlike some scenarios at HF; the more HQ you are the more you are liked. The less HQ you are the less you are liked. Some members at HF are not like that. It's bound to continue until the lounge crackdown goes to insane heights.

I say if you want to go there, anything but the lounge is not too bad. Here though you can have a almost full conversation with all HQ and yet still have fun.

Like I said a few times; anonymous plus reps seem fine. Anonymous negatives seem to not be needed because that's where most of the LQ shines.
My informational thread on how to become HQ
[Image: 3af27e76.png]
"An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind"
Well since my last ridiculous anon - rep I received two more. Removing rep that I earned through spending hours helping members out and supporting them, only for someone to - rep me with a stupid comment so it means nothing.
(09-10-2010, 02:39 PM)Sam Wrote: Well since my last ridiculous anon - rep I received two more. Removing rep that I earned through spending hours helping members out and supporting them, only for someone to - rep me with a stupid comment so it means nothing.

Exactly. Just saw them now.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I hope that if anon - rep doesn't go then at least members with ridiculous spam -rep can have it removed.
(09-10-2010, 02:37 PM)Robbieava Wrote: I think it's because the site is for the most part filled with all HQ users.

I think that's why most users when they come here to consider trolling they don't because we kind of just flick them off our shoulder like they don't matter. Unlike some scenarios at HF; the more HQ you are the more you are liked. The less HQ you are the less you are liked. Some members at HF are not like that. It's bound to continue until the lounge crackdown goes to insane heights.

I say if you want to go there, anything but the lounge is not too bad. Here though you can have a almost full conversation with all HQ and yet still have fun.

Like I said a few times; anonymous plus reps seem fine. Anonymous negatives seem to not be needed because that's where most of the LQ shines.

Thumbsup I,m full agree with you ...
Mad
I really don't see the issue. I feel that if users wish to give anonymous rep, then let them. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and if they wish to keep their identity hidden, then why shouldn't they be allowed to do so. Yes people are abusing it slightly by being childish about it, but thats just life.. There will always be the community idiot who tries to cause havoc and annoy people. But however stupid their reasoning may be, it is at the end of the day their opinion. How can one decide whether or not ones opinion is worthy enough?

Rep is just a number at the end of the day. If you are truly a well respected member then you shouldn't need a number to prove it.
Sam for example.. If you only had 1 reputation, that wouldn't take away the fact that you are a high quality & well respected member on Support Forums. You guys shouldn't care so much about a number!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral rep giving error? D3xus 7 1,412 10-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Reputation Abuse? Planeswalker 11 1,949 09-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  we are allowed to ask for rep? +devilpsn 15 2,929 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,181 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Why is there a star next to the negative rep number? Annuit Coeptis 1 798 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jamieee