Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SF Reviews] ThreatFire AntiVirus
[Image: sf.png]

Program name: ThreatFire AntiVirus

Information about the program: ThreatFire is a new type of AntiVirus program. Most other AntiVirus softwares download the virus signatures of known viruses in order to identify if they are on your computer. However, ThreatFire scans for changes within your system using a behavioral scanning system. This means it can detect malware simply by what the file attempts to do to your computer. Traditional AntiVirus programs can only search for malware that has already been discovered while ThreatFire can find both known and unknown malware files. As you can see here,

ThreatFire greatly enhances your security configuration. Yellow is traditional protection rate, while green is with ThreatFire installed and running alongside.

Compatibility: Windows® 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® Vista™ 64-bit, Vista™ 32-bit, Windows XP SP1, SP2 or SP3 (Home, Pro & Media Center Editions), Windows 2003, or Windows 2008.

Download link: Official Download Link

Picture(s) of the program:

Features: Automatically quarantines all threats found, and you have the option to permanently delete or not. Automatic updates. Advanced scanning options. View all processes currently running, and obtain detailed information about each one. Compatible with all other security applications.

Personal opinion: I personally use this program in my current security configuration and I believe it is one of the best programs out there. It provides you with a great layered protection if used with another AntiVirus program. I have had no issues while it has been installed on my computer and has alerted me to some malware by other AntiVirus did not even pick up.

Rating out of 10: I am going to give this program an 9/10. It is an excellent program. The reason it did not receive a 10, was that every computer program can be improved in some way or another.

Regards,
Zurmi

I've never heard of ThreatFire before, I guess I'll have to check it out. This isn't a bad review at all but I think you need to expand on what you're saying; it's a little too short at the moment.

Like all reviews we create, this review will be added to the archive. Smile
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

never heard of it myself upuntill now but sounds great i might give it a shot later .Does anybody know of an antivirus which is capable of doing a boot time scan on a 64bitbit system? i used to use avast on my 32bit system but as 64bit is still not integrated into the new software.

ps..think this is really cool that your doing program reviews now,will help alot of people out!!!
[Image: dating.png]<-----Click Here!!!! Learn how to be the guy that gets the girl + FREE mobile dating
(11-02-2010, 11:04 AM)Skill Wrote: I've never heard of ThreatFire before, I guess I'll have to check it out. This isn't a bad review at all but I think you need to expand on what you're saying; it's a little too short at the moment.

Like all reviews we create, this review will be added to the archive. Smile

I just expanded the review. Added a chart and some more information.

NinJa_12,

Thanks for the kind words, hope this does help some people out!

Regards,
Zurmi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ★ ★ ★ Top Ten FREE AntiVirus Software ★ ★ ★ Butters 129 46,385 12-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  I need a free Antivirus w/ file scanner! Scalise 25 4,621 03-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Existence
  Mega Thread: Firewalls, Antivirus and Other security tools Linxy 3 1,815 06-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: LiamLC
  Top 10 antivirus software [Must have] Notorious Mental 48 11,823 05-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Last Post: VinceB
  AntiVirus Security Programs Uninstall Utilities/Tools Bugsy 2 1,429 04-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Last Post: prince of persia