Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a free Antivirus w/ file scanner!
Resolved. Got him Avira and Malwarebytes. Thanks all.

I don't splel check.
Avira.
The above suggestion is more than sufficient. It has the highest detection rate, count in the false positives. If he is such a moron as you say, it suits him best.
Microsoft Security Essentials
Lol jk, this thing sucks but I don't care.

AVG or Avira
Microsoft Security Essentials is also a decent choice, to be honest. What I disapprove of is AVG. :p Scalise, you may add in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Honestly have Avira and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. They're two of the best free anti-virus software.
I know ESET isn't free. But you can get keys almost every on the internet. And someone even made a program to have your key updated.

So if you choose one then ESET Smile
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
I got him Malwarebytes a while ago.

Actually that reminds me I should probably scan my own, lol.

I'll get him Avira next time I go to his house. Thanks all
I don't splel check.
Yes, Avira and Malware Bytes. Those 2 are the best free malware/virus protection programs.
(04-21-2011, 01:08 PM)The Stig Wrote: I know ESET isn't free. But you can get keys almost every on the internet. And someone even made a program to have your key updated.

So if you choose one then ESET Smile

I apologize but I do not find it appealing that you are encouraging the user to involve himself in illegally using the software. If he so wishes to, he may opt to use ESET Online Scanner for that purpose.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ★ ★ ★ Top Ten FREE AntiVirus Software ★ ★ ★ Butters 129 46,626 12-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  Mega Thread: Firewalls, Antivirus and Other security tools Linxy 3 1,819 06-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: LiamLC
  Top 10 antivirus software [Must have] Notorious Mental 48 11,974 05-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Last Post: VinceB
  AntiVirus Security Programs Uninstall Utilities/Tools Bugsy 2 1,430 04-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Last Post: prince of persia
  Free Online Antivirus Scanners Bugsy 57 11,498 04-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Last Post: prince of persia