Poll: What should I do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tell your parents.
30.43%
7 30.43%
Call the police.
30.43%
7 30.43%
Ignore it; probably some idiot.
39.13%
9 39.13%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I received a death threat.
I received a death threat via text from a number I do not recognise, but has my area code. None of my friends recognise it either. I'm 15 and in the US. What shall I do?
(10-11-2009, 12:40 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: I received a death threat via text from a number I do not recognise, but has my area code. None of my friends recognise it either. I'm 15 and in the US. What shall I do?

Well first thing to do is to stike back, did you call the number? did someone answerd?

If you can recognize the voice, or you can trace the phone you should contact a lawyer to see what you can legaly do about that.

Also if you are really feeling insecure go to the cops.
Elektrisk,

You should definitely tell your parents at least. People are seriously jokes, but every once in a while you get someone serious, don't chance it.
Wow, I would deffinantly call the number back from a another phone e.g. a payphone. Then, i'm being honest here start carrying a pocket knife, always a good bluff. Oh and watch your back.
if you call them nd you reconize the voice then the other steps shouldn't need to come.
if they know your area code then you probably know them already
hey, if you like my post then please give me +rep, it only takes two seconds but it will be greatly appreciated thanks!
I would post their number on 4chan, that ought to teach them.

The fact that they didn't even bother/think to turn of their caller ID tells me you probably shouldn't be to concerned.
Tell your parents. Even if it is a joke or something, they will learn their lesson if you get the police/parents involved. These types of things aren't funny, and shouldn't be taken lightly. Cause a fuss, because if it is some bluff, they will get it drilled in their head that it's not funny.
Confused
dead sure it's a prank
psychos are extremely rare and i doubt you would be their target..... the even rarer thing is the text message before the kill
in the end i would say ignore it - in fact i would reply saying "very funny"

even if against all odds it's not a prank - remember Einstein's words "Death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."

after death you wont be contemplating this, so forget the text message and enjoy your life
It would be best to tell your parents of the situation. Then preferably the cops, it is a serious offense to make a death threat. Unless your 100% sure of who it was, I would take it seriously.

But IMHO its bullshit, who would want to kill a 15 year old for absolutely no reason and txt that they are going to kill you...it aint gonna happen bro.
Plus like H4ckingURLife says, if your feeling insecure...carry a shank around with you. Scares the crap out of anyone who wants to mess with you

Goodluck mate
Just ignore the message. If some1 actually wanted to kill you, they wouldn't send you a text message before.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Osama Bin Laden Death Video ϟhadow Gathering 14 1,289 11-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Last Post: ϟhadow Gathering
  Bomb threat at school. Elektrisk 21 2,642 10-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Zurmi
  Severe weather threat for 10/25/10 Xander 2 660 10-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Severe threat for 10/23/10 Xander 1 482 10-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Xander
  Severe weather threat for 10/22/10 Xander 2 445 10-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Last Post: -paradox-