Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitor Help Needed
(10-10-2009, 10:31 PM)krzyflipx Wrote: I had the same problem as you about a couple of months ago. I owned a Princeton 19" monitor which cost me about $120 and that was 5 years ago. About early August of last year my Monitor would start flickering on and off making a click noise and if I powered it off it'd take a long time for me to get a steady picture. The only way to make it stay like that was not to turn it off. So what I did was researched a bit online what my problem could be and it my results were blown capacitors. It's an easy fix and cheap too if you know how to use a soldering iron to replace the blown capacitors in your monitor. I had 2 blown capacitors and found replacements at radioshack. So my advice to you is to look up your model online and find out how many people had the same problem as you. If you want you can open up your monitor and be careful not to damage the LCD upon opening up your monitor and look for any blown fuses or capacitors.

How will I know which capacitors are blown?

Quote:Yeaa i'm tired it's 2am going to sleep now.
It's not that bad.
Remove the fan
Unlock the cpu
take it out
put it back in (match the triangle with the triangle on the mb)
Don't force it in it should fall into place
Re-lock
put the fan back on
and you're done.

good night D:

How will taking apart the computer fix the monitor when the monitor screeches on multiple computers?
You will know that the capacitors are blown when you see some kind of substance around the blown capacitors. Also it can look burnt a brownish blackish color
okay, What do capacitors look like?
[Image: benq%20lcd%20monitor.jpg]

Capacitors look like those

[Image: leakycap.jpg]

Capacitor on the right is a symptom of a blown capacitor. Bulging is another symptom of a bad capacitor.
Okay thanks. Will try.
Could it be a short?
If you mess around with capacitors be very careful they can shock you even if the computer is off as they hold a charge. You should use an OHM meter to check them.
[Image: casper2fin3.png]

Will Trade Demonoid invite for torrentkids. PM mE
(10-10-2009, 11:47 AM)joey23art Wrote: I am snowed in and can't get another monitor. I don't have another monitor. I would just leave it on but when it goes to sleep it won't turn back on from that either.

Why don't you just purchase one from ebay?
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
It is not the capacitors. I noticed that i have 2 back lights and they each have their own +- power source. When i switched them the monitor worked! what could be the problem because I need to fix because backwards it won't fit in the case.
Opening your monitor is never a good idea. The voltages inside could kill you. Also, if your monitor isn't working but your computer does, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REMOVE OR RESEAT YOUR CPU (processor). If you don't use the proper ESD protection you could fry your CPU and/or your motherboard causing you to have much more expensive problems.
With the monitor problem, try making sure that your refresh rate isn't to high as this might cause the internals to overheat. Unless you recently put in a new video card in or installed new video drivers I would not do ANYTHING to the computer itself. If the refresh rate doesn't help it may be a problem with the internals of the monitor. If that is the case DO NOT open up the monitor! Some of those internals can hold a charge of 15,000 to 30,000V for days even after they have been disconnected. Don't risk it! Do what you've been doing until you can go get a replacement or you can send it in to be fixed.

What black lights? Could be you weren't getting enough power to the monitor?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second Monitor is Detected but No signal PC to TV via HDMI villasbroker 2 1,042 05-24-2019, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AdilahBisar
  Dual monitor bigkieth 3 897 02-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ShortsE
  Monitor, wireless card and USB devices won't wake up from sleep mode Ruzlier 7 2,804 08-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Mono
  Need to fix monitor Clutch 7 1,125 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Last Post: djakariuz
  Big Issue with my Graphics Card, or Monitor Razzo 6 1,417 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Razzo