Support Forums

Full Version: Monitor Help Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have an LCD monitor that has always worked great, but about two weeks ago when I would turn it on it would screech and be dim for about 5 seconds then turn off. But I could just turn the monitor off/on and it would work fine.now it does the same thing only it takes atleast 30-45 minutes to get it to work. What can I do to fix it?
Please Help
Probably nothing sounds like it's shot.
Never turn it off again so you don't have to wait?? Use another monitor??

Check your LCD screen settings in "Control Panel".
Read the manual if you have it, google the problem, scream at it??

What brand is it?

Click

Control Panel>Display>Settings>

Click either:

Troubleshoot or Advance, see if you can see anything strange, play around in there for a bit see if you can fix it.

Check to make sure all the pins are still intact on the lead that connects the monitor to the PC??
They may have been damaged recently if you've been plugging/unplugging it.
(10-10-2009, 11:44 AM)Agent Wrote: [ -> ]Probably nothing sounds like it's shot, never turn it off again so you don't have to wait? Use another monitor?

I am snowed in and can't get another monitor. I don't have another monitor. I would just leave it on but when it goes to sleep it won't turn back on from that either.
(10-10-2009, 11:47 AM)joey23art Wrote: [ -> ]I am snowed in and can't get another monitor. I don't have another monitor. I would just leave it on but when it goes to sleep it won't turn back on from that either.

You can change the settings so your computer/monitor never sleeps.

Make sure you switch to classic view if you're not already?

Click

Control Panel>Power Options

I'm using XP, what's the OS?
I got this once, it was always on power save mode, no way of getting it to turn on. It turned out to be a bent processor pin. Try with another monitor, if it does the same it is probably the processor.

EDIT: Didn't read your last post, can't hurt to take a quick look at the processor.
(10-10-2009, 12:14 PM)Vorfin Wrote: [ -> ]I got this once, it was always on power save mode, no way of getting it to turn on. It turned out to be a bent processor pin. Try with another monitor, if it does the same it is probably the processor.

EDIT: Didn't read your last post, can't hurt to take a quick look at the processor.

it is this monitor. i tried it in another computer and with another power adapter and the monitor does it. it does not matter which computer.
Sounds Like you could have a soldering problem with the cold cathodes. When a monitor is turned on and off a lot the solder may become weak because it expands and contracts so much.
Reset the cpu.
Manually take the cpu out and reset it.
Reset being put it back in.
I've had this before this helped me.
If it doesn't help it may be time to purchase a new lcd monitor.
I had the same problem as you about a couple of months ago. I owned a Princeton 19" monitor which cost me about $120 and that was 5 years ago. About early August of last year my Monitor would start flickering on and off making a click noise and if I powered it off it'd take a long time for me to get a steady picture. The only way to make it stay like that was not to turn it off. So what I did was researched a bit online what my problem could be and it my results were blown capacitors. It's an easy fix and cheap too if you know how to use a soldering iron to replace the blown capacitors in your monitor. I had 2 blown capacitors and found replacements at radioshack. So my advice to you is to look up your model online and find out how many people had the same problem as you. If you want you can open up your monitor and be careful not to damage the LCD upon opening up your monitor and look for any blown fuses or capacitors.

(10-10-2009, 10:27 PM)Ajsec5000 Wrote: [ -> ]Reset the cpu.

You should probably word your sentences better because people might mistake cpu for your processor and removing it could be a tedious process lol.
(10-10-2009, 10:31 PM)krzyflipx Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same problem as you about a couple of months ago. I owned a Princeton 19" monitor which cost me about $120 and that was 5 years ago. About early August of last year my Monitor would start flickering on and off making a click noise and if I powered it off it'd take a long time for me to get a steady picture. The only way to make it stay like that was not to turn it off. So what I did was researched a bit online what my problem could be and it my results were blown capacitors. It's an easy fix and cheap too if you know how to use a soldering iron to replace the blown capacitors in your monitor. I had 2 blown capacitors and found replacements at radioshack. So my advice to you is to look up your model online and find out how many people had the same problem as you. If you want you can open up your monitor and be careful not to damage the LCD upon opening up your monitor and look for any blown fuses or capacitors.

(10-10-2009, 10:27 PM)Ajsec5000 Wrote: [ -> ]Reset the cpu.

You should probably word your sentences better because people might mistake cpu for your processor and removing it could be a tedious process lol.

Yeaa i'm tired it's 2am going to sleep now.
It's not that bad.
Remove the fan
Unlock the cpu
take it out
put it back in (match the triangle with the triangle on the mb)
Don't force it in it should fall into place
Re-lock
put the fan back on
and you're done.

good night D:
Pages: 1 2