Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parkour
(08-05-2010, 12:00 AM)Cybr Wrote: What's the difference between parkour and free running?

I want to learn. I'm about 5' 5" and 115-120 lbs, but I'm sorta on the weak side.

parkour is about efficiency. it is anbout getting from one point to another as efficiently as possible. think about it like this: you are getting chased by an animal. if you get caught, you die. so you wont be doing flips and crap, unless it is absolutely nessecary.
Freerunning, on the other had is more advanced, but it is about being fre. it is not about efficiency, its about showing off or just being yourself. doing whatever. Gravity Z3RO can give you a better defenition of it.
http://www,gravityz3ro.com/
I signed up, but never received a confirmation email.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

I wish I could do Parkour. I'm not strong enough, I don't have enough flexibility, and I don't have much endurance. Hopefully I can do that kind of stuff in like 2 years though.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]
(08-03-2010, 06:00 PM)Rhythm Wrote: Do any of you practice parkour?
For those of you who don't know what it is, it's the art of movement. You use your strength and balance to get places quickly, dodging obstacles others would normally go around, or through.

It's a great sport (if you want to call it that), and it's as close as most of us can get to being ninjas Ninja.
I myself used to practice, but unfortunately, there's nowhere for me to train and practice on a regular basis.

Is that the same as free running?
Edit: I feel like an idiot for not reading the posts before me!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parkour/Freerunning SniperRiflezzzz 30 6,969 12-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Last Post: 1337Inj3ct0r
  Gravity Z3RO Parkour smuczerproductions 11 1,823 12-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Νinja