Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Sleep Paralysis
(10-27-2009, 07:39 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I think you're crazy. Spirits and all of that paranormal stuff only exists if you believe in it. I don't believe in ghosts or anything like that, so therefore, I will never see one. It all has to do with your mind and what you let enter it.
Pssh I'm not crazy, are you atheist? =o
Help me hatch my egg please ;P[Image: BmT8.gif]
[Image: Evo-Sig2.jpg]
(10-28-2009, 09:10 AM)Evo Wrote: Pssh I'm not crazy, are you atheist? =o

Yes, I'm atheist.
But I don't think that has to do with anything.

PS: Sorry for calling you crazy. I shouldn't knock you for believing what you do. I just don't agree.
(10-28-2009, 01:25 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Yes, I'm atheist.
But I don't think that has to do with anything.

PS: Sorry for calling you crazy. I shouldn't knock you for believing what you do. I just don't agree.
Well being atheist means that you don't believe in God, and, God is a spirit and you don't believe in spirits either so that's why I wanted to confirm ;P. Btw, about the crazy thing, I didn't take it offensively lolz so you don't have to apologize
Help me hatch my egg please ;P[Image: BmT8.gif]
[Image: Evo-Sig2.jpg]
Quote:Well being atheist means that you don't believe in God, and, God is a spirit and you don't believe in spirits either so that's why I wanted to confirm ;P. Btw, about the crazy thing, I didn't take it offensively lolz so you don't have to apologize

God may be a spirit, but that doesn't mean that we can't believe that other spirits/supernatural creatures exist. We (I) just don't believe in an all knowing, omniscient being that stands as the creator of our universe. That's not to say that evil apparitions (poltergeists) don't exist, and so on. It's just my belief that, God, along with other such spirits, don't exist.
I used to wake up to a very loud screaming noise, it was in my dream. But it sounded so real and loud. Like out of a horror movie. I'm over most of that stuff now though.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(10-28-2009, 07:11 PM)PaNiK Wrote: I do. I think he goes by Jesse here on Earth Big Grin

Nobody likes a smart ass Tongue (Joke)

(10-28-2009, 07:14 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: I used to wake up to a very loud screaming noise, it was in my dream. But it sounded so real and loud. Like out of a horror movie. I'm over most of that stuff now though.

I actually feel lucky when it comes down to all of this because I haven't experienced anything like this in my life. How many years did you experience it for?
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

i dont get this, but i can lucid dream Big Grin
I get this when I ATTEMPT to go back to sleep after I woken up.
Well sleep paralysis occurs during the REM stage when you are dreaming so it could be possible you are hearing and seeing,(not actuall ghost) but hmmm... a nightmare that is taking place but you can't wake up from it. My psychology book said that when in the REM stage your eyelids blink and shutter fast and you are also inactive which could be a cause.(but only for 15 to 45 minutes) most of these cases were at least a few minutes,which is good. Smile

But the stories about ghost, alien abduction occur in this stage so you should get professional help.Another source to check out is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Lol and I am also an athiest and totally agree it's about what you let enter your mind. If you can't fight it get help, please get help
Is it possible to be awake during the rapid eye movement stage? I've once tried to fall asleep while staying conscious so I could try lucid dreaming, and eventually I did go into sleep paralysis. I didn't worry, since I was expecting it, but at the time I wasn't aware of REM and I lost control of my eyes and I freaked out and stopped... I told my friend to try staying conscious while falling asleep, and he said he got scared because his eyes went nuts-o too.

I've been reading about all this sleep and dream stuff... really interesting.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My boyfriend can't sleep DiceyOne90 11 1,922 03-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Dubai
  Can't sleep. Mark Zuckerberg 33 4,125 09-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Last Post: Stєєz
  Can't Sleep | Too Much on My Mind | Too Stressed Deceive 12 7,449 08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Mayhem
  lack of sleep o.O saint.slacker 8 1,312 11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Shelby
  Sleep disorders? Socrates 6 1,181 07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Solidify