Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you intersted in graphics?
(01-24-2011, 05:41 AM)NekoChan Wrote: Lighter skins make GFX look as they are, darker skins ruin the colors of GFX.
In my opinion, sharing awards with admins right away makes the forum look bad.
Not to mention, nobody deserves a award, when your site just started.

Giving them out right away will ruin their value and it will make members very cocky.

If you do not believe me, I founded a very popular GFX forum once, almost as popular as GFXforums.net is right now.
We got hacked tho and our tech fudged us over.

Darker themes make the surroundings look smaller which will put more emphasis on the actual visual itself. That's what I meant about contrast, when you understand how color juxtaposition works together.
(01-24-2011, 06:20 AM)Infinity Wrote: Darker themes make the surroundings look smaller which will put more emphasis on the actual visual itself. That's what I meant about contrast, when you understand how color juxtaposition works together.

Which is the reason why the majority of big graphics forums use dark themes.

Each to their own obviously, but I'll be keeping it a dark theme.
Perhaps sometime in the near future I will add a lighter theme for users to choose.
(01-24-2011, 05:54 AM)Sam Wrote: Who are you to decide who deserves an award on a site that does not belong to you. Thanks for the suggestion though.

As I stated it was imo, and do not post your forums, if you can't take criticism/suggestions.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
They're not my forums nor was I the OP.
(01-24-2011, 07:48 AM)NekoChan Wrote: As I stated it was imo, and do not post your forums, if you can't take criticism/suggestions.

You had mentioned having a lighter theme 2 times though within this thread. You can't change the webmaster's opinion if they have already rejected a suggestion.

And you didn't need to go on the forum just to give Sam a negative rep for not wanting to accept one of your suggestions either.

It's okay to make suggestions, but different webmasters have different ways of doing things, and you can't force your suggestions on them just because it worked for you. Just stating my opinion here, thats all. There's reasons why some of your suggestions could be rejected for the benefits, it's all on how you look at it. Just know that others will look at it in a different way than what you might.
Its a epic forum.

1. I rep admin
2. They remove rep and warn me
3. I rep again
4. They remove rep and ban me

Mature staff. This foum will get nowhere.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(01-25-2011, 12:00 AM)NekoChan Wrote: Its a epic forum.

1. I rep admin
2. They remove rep and warn me
3. I rep again
4. They remove rep and ban me

Mature staff. This foum will get nowhere.

If you can't leave something alone then why are you still talking on this thread. You're only proving yourself as the immature person in this situation. What exactly is your deal? What are you trying to accomplish by getting on an admins nerves and trying to make them look like the bad guy? They own the forum, and just because you can't do something or have your way you have to say that the forum will be a failure. Please take comments like this elsewhere.

This is complete arrogance in my opinion. Learn a lesson, have some respect. If you need to bring forum issues to both sites, then it's not exactly a benefit having you on either forum really. We don't need people with this kind of attitude trying to start arguments based on emotional distress.

Take some of this advice into consideration.
Looks good, I am going to have to work hard to beat you guys. x)
[Image: iTijPACh1qYlA.png]
Personal Blog | Forever and Always <3 Mell
(01-29-2011, 11:52 PM).//Xypher Wrote: Looks good, I am going to have to work hard to beat you guys. x)

Do you have a graphics site?
(01-29-2011, 11:55 PM)Deltron Wrote: Do you have a graphics site?

Yeah, I started it a week ago today.
[Image: iTijPACh1qYlA.png]
Personal Blog | Forever and Always <3 Mell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graphics Chan - Graphics|Art|Anime|Manga Discussion Forum! Xypher 0 1,376 01-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Xypher