Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone Discussion Thread
(10-14-2009, 06:10 PM)Gentleman Wrote: which is why I don't want to do it.

Scared you might drop it or something? If you're scared of breaking it then don't buy a fragile object : \. Anyway, I've dropped mine in the cold and my plastic case shattered with the iPod intact. Trust me, The jailbreaking pros far outweigh the cons.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
(10-15-2009, 10:24 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote: Scared you might drop it or something? If you're scared of breaking it then don't buy a fragile object : \. Anyway, I've dropped mine in the cold and my plastic case shattered with the iPod intact. Trust me, The jailbreaking pros far outweigh the cons.

He was on about jailbreaking it.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
i heard that the more apps you added to your iphone the more it slows it down.
CHINAMAN
Quote:i like to make myself belie
[Image: 2n7ehx4.jpg]
[Image: save_banner.asp?file=HWHERMJMMH.jpg]
The more you have running in the background slows it down, jailbreaking gives you a app to control what runs in the background, and instead of just exiting an app you can actually kill the process, among other things. I noticed that jailbreaking might give a bit worse battery life (or it might be that I used mine a lot more) and slows it down a little (nothing major) but it is worth it when you can get (mostly) any app for free as well as things not supported by apple.
I thought about getting an iPhone but the look very susceptible to "injury". lol
[Image: arch2.png]
alright fella's. I did the deed of jailbreaking it, I'm getting used to customizing it with winterboard and such. but one question..I have the gameboy and SNES emulators....but there are no games in them. How do I go about getting them in there?
(10-14-2009, 06:00 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote: What risk? A brain-dead monkey can do it. It's not illegal either. Just voids a warranty. Also, Winterboard replaced Summer board a year ago, lol. Jailbreak also means free apps through installous because of cracking IPA's, Quake III, awesome themes, using it as a web server (I am with my iPod, lol) and even more.

Can't you just restore it to the original firmware?
(10-18-2009, 09:30 AM)ElephantShoe Wrote: Can't you just restore it to the original firmware?

Yes, you can, lol. Since it's not updated from iTunes then technically they can't trace a jailbreak.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
(10-14-2009, 06:00 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote: What risk? A brain-dead monkey can do it. It's not illegal either. Just voids a warranty. Also, Winterboard replaced Summer board a year ago, lol. Jailbreak also means free apps through installous because of cracking IPA's, Quake III, awesome themes, using it as a web server (I am with my iPod, lol) and even more.

Lol. I cant figure out how to jb my itouch 3rd gen, am I a brain dead monkey? Sad
(10-16-2009, 05:47 PM)Gentleman Wrote: alright fella's. I did the deed of jailbreaking it, I'm getting used to customizing it with winterboard and such. but one question..I have the gameboy and SNES emulators....but there are no games in them. How do I go about getting them in there?

SNES and other ROM emulators are a bitch, to be honest. I have only seen one that works, and it took him a few hours to get it working!

You CAN instal the ROMS from cydia/installer/icy but they rarely work! Another way is to get one that can be used with the iPhone on your computer, then SSH it over to the directory the emulator uses to read ROMS and save files.

This directory should be stated when you open the emulator (in an error).

With the warranty, yes, you can just restore your iPhone. If YOU plug it in and your computer won't read it, the store is has about as much chance that you do of reading the data. If you are having trouble rolling back the software, just knock it into DFU mode (or DUF, I forget) and you will be forced to restore it to a different firmware!
(10-18-2009, 04:56 PM)nevets04 Wrote: Lol. I cant figure out how to jb my itouch 3rd gen, am I a brain dead monkey? Sad

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Read that, they make the best Jail Breaks for the iPhone. They're all pretty simple too, with about 300 skiddies on Youtube making videos about it!
Unfortunately they ALWAYS make their apps for MACS, and release the .exe MUCH later. I don;t know why, I'm just assuming its because they have to wait for someone to port it over!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple Event Discussion manipulate 2 862 01-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Lukas