Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to see if anyone is using my wireless internet?
(04-08-2010, 06:41 AM)smileyface Wrote: If you have a router, I suggest installing IPCop. It monitors IP activity both in and out of your system.

Doesn't that need him to have a spare computer at home to run IPCop ??
[Image: IKILLUNEW.jpg]
(01-04-2010, 09:35 PM)Zomaian Wrote: If you worry about your speed decreasing and you live in Europe and you use bittorrent application(s) your ISP might be throttling you connection. If in the US than not because the US law states that ISP can not tell people what to download or what to do, they can only serve internet.

Don't mean to burst your bubble but in the US ISPs do throttle your bandwith. the way they get around iit is that they call it bandwith shaping. Comcast is the biggest at shaping your bandwith. But it does happen all the time
well witch router do you have?
Not quite sure what router you have, but I have a belkin.

I can go into the control panel by opening a browser
and typing in the default gateway. The control panel has
a feature that allows me to see the users connected to my
network.

If you have any other questions, drop me a pm Smile
(04-08-2010, 06:41 AM)smileyface Wrote: If you have a router, I suggest installing IPCop. It monitors IP activity both in and out of your system.

Yeah i recommend this too it's awesome!
(01-04-2010, 03:27 PM)Mozz Wrote: I ask this cause my download speed had decreased. and before i start doing changes i would like to see if its possible that anyone is using our internet.

By the way i use a password on the router Thumbsup

yes, most routers you can log into using your web browser and entering your default gateway (your router ip address) and logging into your router. Most routers when you log in, have an option or place where you can see who all is using your router. I can do it on mine. I have a Netgear router.
If your router is running DHCP you should see what mac addresses are being connected and what IPs. Almost all routers have security settings to remove people from your network.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(04-08-2010, 06:46 AM)Warlock Wrote: Or you could pop in the disc that came with your router, it gives you a notification if unauthorized computers access your connection, well at least mine does.
you should Never use the cd given with your rooter ... Sometime it mess up your net ...
Yes, you can.

First log in to your router eg. 192.168.1.1 and look for "clients" or something - if you can't do that run an nmap scan.

nmap -sP 192.168.1.1/24 | grep 192

Smile
Internet Clutter.. That's most likely causing the problem... It would be impossible if your router is password-protected.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to make my PC as wireless Router debasishsahu4u 2 1,203 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Wireless not working «Ðartz™» 18 5,288 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
  Setting up 2 Wireless Routers - does it help chuckbytes 2 1,337 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
  Having trouble with Wireless Internet JMEG 4 1,608 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
  Wireless Lan Speed NAT 8 1,721 12-25-2019, 11:29 PM