Support Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to see if anyone is using my wireless internet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I ask this cause my download speed had decreased. and before i start doing changes i would like to see if its possible that anyone is using our internet.

By the way i use a password on the router Thumbsup
Well on my router I can log in and see who is connected.

Open up cmd and type ipconfig. The IP address shown under gateway is the IP address of your router. Type this into the address bar of your web broswer and press enter. This should open up a window for you to log in to your router
yea sound m8, no one is connected just me lol fewww. lol
If your download speed has decreased you might have used up all your data for the month or something?
If you worry about your speed decreasing and you live in Europe and you use bittorrent application(s) your ISP might be throttling you connection. If in the US than not because the US law states that ISP can not tell people what to download or what to do, they can only serve internet.
On netgear routers, you can login and see who is connected to the wireless (you also can on some other brands as well as far as I know).

Just login to your router, and if you see any unknown devices, then yes, someone is on your internet.
I think you are able to see using CAIN , i used it once and saw that my friend (next house) was using it..=/
If you do not have access to your router.. open up a command prompt and type NET VIEW

Or use Cain & Abel to sniff your network...
If you have a router, I suggest installing IPCop. It monitors IP activity both in and out of your system.
Or you could pop in the disc that came with your router, it gives you a notification if unauthorized computers access your connection, well at least mine does.
Pages: 1 2 3