Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you support capital punishment?
(10-15-2009, 01:38 AM)NinjaGeek Wrote: Well I know few of inmates, and their life is way better inside, so you are doing them a favor by locking them up.
Perhaps, but there is still the underlying removal of freedom, they may tell you that they do not miss that but I bet they do and if they don't value freedom then they need to be locked up and kept from society anyway. I am guessing though the ones you know have committed fairly minor crimes and are in a low security facility, I suspect their opinion would be substantially different if they were in a high security facility where they get little human contact and have nothing to fill their days with.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
(10-15-2009, 02:08 AM)Tim Wrote: Perhaps, but there is still the underlying removal of freedom, they may tell you that they do not miss that but I bet they do and if they don't value freedom then they need to be locked up and kept from society anyway. I am guessing though the ones you know have committed fairly minor crimes and are in a low security facility, I suspect their opinion would be substantially different if they were in a high security facility where they get little human contact and have nothing to fill their days with.

Yes most of them are for crap locked up, but few I will never see again in my life.
man I have so much to say about this topic but I didn't slept 22 hours, so I don't know how to say it , can't concentrate.....

I'll be back with better words.... later.
(10-15-2009, 02:06 AM)Headshot Wrote: Imho, while being a 'Muslim', punishment's should be left to God, in hell or in your grave.. You know.

But hey, I'm not a serious Muslim.. that's just my opinion, I don't even pray. I just know crap. Lol.

Oui Im athiest. I just used it in the broader meaning.
An eye for an eye has not worked yet?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I don't support it...it's the society's fault
u never know what kind of childhood he had.. if he was blackmailed into doing it,
or if he was real poor and decided to do it for his family
he can also be hoodwinked into thinking what he's doing is right

we should create a society where no one feels the need to kill
(10-15-2009, 02:30 AM)...w3 Wrote: I don't support it...it's the society's fault
u never know what kind of childhood he had.. if he was blackmailed into doing it,

we should create a society where no one feels the need to kill

Ones own perspective and i could not agree more mate.

If only life was so simple.
Different countries and religions and beliefs etc. Its never going to end until we all end i suspect.
Killing and war is seemingly what humans are good at.
The Rules!

(10-15-2009, 02:30 AM)...w3 Wrote: I don't support it...it's the society's fault
Yes but the court will take all that into account when they are sentenced.

(10-15-2009, 02:30 AM)...w3 Wrote: we should create a society where no one feels the need to kill
I agree with you there, I also disagree with capital punishment because I feel its almost like a double standard that society as a whole can kill but individuals can't. I think no one should.
(10-15-2009, 02:44 AM)Tim Wrote: Yes but the court will take all that into account when they are sentenced.

Wrong. They take into account only what is allowed. This varies depending on country ofcourse.
The Rules!

They probably won't take childhood into account (unless they are a young offender) as really this is usually the cause of their lacking moral and legal awareness anyway, but almost all courts would take blackmail into account at least. The poor family thing, you don't get capital punishment for stealing food (in most developed countries any way).
No, i think death is a cop out. Torture on the other hand Devlish
To be honest i think everyone plays a part in this mysterious world. It's like clock work, everything happens for a reason. Everyone plays their part, even murderer's. I think it can be dealt with in other ways, usually the people committing these hanus acts are people that were abused themselves, uneducated, or suffer some form of a mental illness. Rehabilitation, education among other things depending on the situation and the person/s at hand is always a better option. You never know where your life will lead you, and i certainly don't want to be on death row some day for a crime i didn't commit, has happened in the past and will most likely happen again.

Death Penalty = 100% no from me.

You can't play God. If you execute someone, your just as bad as they are. It's still murder.

(10-14-2009, 10:59 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Otherwise known as the 'death penalty'. I support it in certain situations. For instance, a neo-Nazi killed three men in Ohio like a year ago. The Supreme Court is considering punishing him by way of the death penalty. I think they should carry it out. Or, for example, if a guy rapes a three year old girl, I believe he deserves to die. Actually, if it were up to me, he'd be castrated, but it's not.

I didn't make this into a poll, because it's not a simple yes/no answer for most people.

I'll kill them if it was not a crime.