Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it wrong not to love your own family?
Traditionally and ideally, a family is meant to be filled with love and adoration. Love, an intense feeling of deep affection,(Yes I googled the definition). However, as I look at my family I can't help but notice how empty I feel. For example, my baby brother no longer brings a sense of euphoria I usually get when I hold him. Or when a relative says "I love you", I always respond back with a "I love you too" without a second thought on whether that statement is true or not.

I can't help but wonder if I'm turning into a sociopath, or if most people feel the same way I do. Of course, I've felt love before. My late father, at one point my grandmothers, and so on. But now, when I look at them I feel nothing. Just emptiness being filled by thoughts. The same goes for my friends I suppose. It's just so easy to be wrapped up in other's joy, but when alone I'm like a rock. A lying, possibly sociopathic rock.

I guess the point of this post is to receive help(?). I put a question mark because I honestly do not know what type of help I need.

Messages In This Thread
is it wrong not to love your own family? - by ItsxThatx1Kidx - 02-28-2016, 06:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble with a member of my family tunafish 1 686 12-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: ElViper
  My life is just wrong. Lilxtiger 0 813 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Lilxtiger
  House/Family/Financial Advice Metapod 5 1,229 06-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Last Post: ///ViNcE
  Can't stand looking at my Family Members so sad. ๖ۣۜChubaca™ 10 1,835 03-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Alreiger
  Something has to be wrong with me skorch 10 1,915 02-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Last Post: skorch