Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTIONS] Money Making Online, SF Marketplace, and Reputation
Money Making Online
It needs to go. It adds no value or content to the forums. It is filled with spam, and crappy eBooks written by 12 year olds who consider ADF.LY the "new internet marketing scheme." The quality sucks in there, and it honestly should be removed.

SF Marketplace
Taking a wild guess, but I'd say 19/20 of the threads in there are direct copy/pastes from Hack Forums. That is fine, if you're selling a domain..a theme...a forum..a code..etc on both forums. And it is fine if you change the thread layout so it matches Support Forums. It is fine if you take the time to change the thread intro from "Hey HF" to "Hey SF." But what it is now? Not fine. The threads selling Facebook accounts, exchanging currency, youtube service shops, selling youtube accounts, cheap (aka crappy) hosting, etc are what I call "HF QUALITY." I think rules need to be put in place on what we expect to be sold, because it is useless and disgusting now.
edit: This would solve most of the issues: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=18418

Ok, I honestly didn't want to mention this...but the memberbase has grown immature and people are now asking for reputation in PMs and over external IM clients. I have been asked by two members so far, and 'coincidentally' their rep has gone up a pretty good amount since they started asking. I honestly don't care that much, if it makes the little kids happy let it be...but I think the staff should start making plans to discipline for this because it's really sad to see go on in SF. If I was Omniscient I'd totally ban the members who do this..because if you're that attention-seeking you need rep; chances are you don't even benefit this forum at all. But I'm not Omni, so I'm suggesting this.

Messages In This Thread
[SUGGESTIONS] Money Making Online, SF Marketplace, and Reputation - by Peter L - 10-02-2011, 07:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Gold/Items allowed in Marketplace? Metapod 5 1,479 06-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bandors
  SF Marketplace. Kewlz 0 554 03-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Ideas and Suggestions to Better the Site Hуѕтєяιa X™ 14 3,132 12-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Last Post: ★Cooldude★
  My suggestions for Coding Support n00bikscube 3 1,093 11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Last Post: ThisIsAThrow
  Reputation Abuse? Planeswalker 11 1,974 09-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Fragma