Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webcam incident - paranoid, scared, afraid? HELP
Hello people, i was faced with two seperate incidents that happen over a year ago, close to two. Basically, i webcam-ed in msn with strangers from a chatroom. And you guessed it, i "over-exposed" myself during the short webcam session. Worst of all, my face was showing during the start of the session, but not towards the end. And now, i feel very insecure, afraid and even paranoid to an extent that the webcam session might be recorded.

For the first incident: I suspect that it was a guy but not a girl behind the PC. This "girl" was introduced from a guy i chatted with in the chatroom. As for the cam session, the "girl" i was webcam-ing with didnt show her face at all and made me call her mobile while webcam-ing to hear my voice but she didnt speak cause she said she was shy, i eventually called using a private number. After the cam, i went to ask the guy in the chatroom, if the session might be recorded. He said not to worry, the girl, who was his friend, doesn't know how to record and even gave his cell number to me. And i noticed that the cell number he gave was the same as the one i called while cam-ing with the girl. So, i asked him about it, and he explained that the girl is at his home now with the cell phone, while hes chatting to me while he is at work. Therefore, the whole story sounds pretty hard to believe.

For the 2nd incident: I also cam-ed with another girl i met in the chatroom, on msn. For this incident, at least i felt the opposite party was a girl as through her voice from the mic. I felt bad about webcam-ing, so days after the 2nd incident, i went to asked her if the session was recorded. She replied that it wasn't.

Currently, for the past week, i couldn't stop thinking about these 2 incidents that happened over a year ago. I didn't even give that much thought over it previously. It has been affecting my mood, my studies/work, and everything else. I just can't stop thinking about this, it keeps on running on my head. There was guilt after webcam-ing, but none as strong as now. I know what i have done is wrong and i know i won't return to that chatroom or webcam with strangers ever again. Although, they said that they didnt record the webcam session, but they could be lying to me right? Moreover, my face was showing, even though I was using a fake e-mail acc and name, so they didn't have any of my information.

Am i just being too paranoid or are my concerns valid? I haven't spoken about this incidents to anyone yet, so i am not sure if i should let my mum in on this. Cause the guilt, the fear of being exposed is killing me, and i am afraid it will consume my life away.

P/S Confusedorry for the long post. I guess i need some advice on this matter and how to move on.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Webcam incident - paranoid, scared, afraid? HELP - by Guest - 12-31-2010, 07:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! You are subscribed to this thread Feeling insecure and scared... Sierana 2 987 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Last Post: elizabeth28
  Afraid/unable to show her affection TheMoonwalker 3 915 10-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  paranoid schzophrenia daughter dancingfairy43 5 838 01-14-2014, 01:44 AM
Last Post: badreputation
  Lonely, Scared, Lost. Tau 2 1,169 09-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Last Post: here4Uhere4Me
  Nervous, scared, and confused. Rose Targaryen Tyler 4 1,025 09-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Stevejoseph