Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-- Ace's FL Studio Tips [Updated Frequently] --
(07-28-2011, 09:03 PM)Terridax Wrote: Looks like I've got a lot to learn Tongue
I think the main problem I have when I'm producing music, is that I have a really hard time seeing things as a whole. I get too caught up working on a specific riff, or making a cool drum beat, and they all sound really good on their own, but then when I put it all together it just sounds horrible.

I've got the same problem when I'm drawing too. I just get too focused on the little things, and forget to look a the big picture.

My advice with that, you're looking at it the wrong way.

If you try to think of a song in your head that you want to produce in full. You'll end up making it a mess because you can't focus on the individual parts that make up that song.

Focus on a melody, then build around it. With a melody, add a bass that sounds good, and change that bass that sounds good into it's own bassline with a particular beat that matches the tempo and rhythm of your lead. Then add in snares and a few cymbals here and there that make things blend in, and mix it up.

You can't have the lead playing the same thing over and over, so mix up the melody a bit for transitional stuff into different verses. Then you know the sounds you have match the lead sound, so you make them re-match the mixed up verse you created different from the original melody.

It's like lego, or tetris, you'll almost never know how the final piece will look, you just have to play it out. Unless you really have something thought up in your head.

Messages In This Thread
RE: -- Ace's FL Studio Tips [Updated Frequently] -- - by AceInfinity - 07-28-2011, 09:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to download YouTube videos [Updated] Epeolatry 16 3,555 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Agili Ron
  ~Passion~ First Song in FL Studio Jupiiterâ„¢ 5 973 04-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Evaluation
  Sign up to do a collaboration track with Ace! AceInfinity 17 4,324 11-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Nexum
  How to make custom FL Studio templates! [Tutorial] TheCh♂senOne 6 4,450 11-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Nexum