Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial][VB.Net] Asynchronized Server/Client Demo(using sockets)
Hi. Thanks for sharing this. I got a little question: is it possible to connect more than one client to this server, or does it require to create each one in a separate thread? if not, how can multi-threading be implemented within your code?

Also if i want to send for example 3 lists of strings from the client(s) to the server in one transaction how can i do it without overloading it? is it the most efficient way to put string delimiters for each "session" of sending the lists? (in other words, how can i stop the communication between the client and the server after the server received a certain string, WITHOUT initiating further data sending from the client? - basically i want to send those 3 lists of strings "at once" when i click the send button, and the server to somehow wait until it received all of them, be able to split them up, and ONLY then re-allow the client to send them again)

Edit: regarding my above question, your "bytes" array has a length of 1024. What if you send more than this amount? is there a way to make it send ANY amount of data(like a loop until all the data has been sent or a certain string has been encountered)?

Edit2: also, how can i disconnect all the clients and stop the server from listening? Sad

Thank you very much and really sorry about asking so many questions Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial][VB.Net] Asynchronized Server/Client Demo(using sockets) - by crusader2010 - 07-07-2011, 05:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help With AIM Client AKL3GEND 2 1,119 09-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Last Post: shadywatcher212
  [TuToRiAl] How to make Offline (No Internet) Captcha (Human Confirmation) [TuToRiAl] Resistance 24 11,091 08-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  File Profiler Demo - Preview - Developed by Ace AceInfinity 4 1,270 12-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [VB.net]Learn WPF [WPF Tutorial] ThePrinCe 1 1,192 12-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Last Post: HostGap
  {TuToRiAl} How To Verify If Your App. Was Ran As Administrator {TuToRiAl} Resistance 11 5,485 10-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Genuine