Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I bought a previously owned domain
I have a domain that was owned in 2003 but unregistered in 2004, Is it okay for me to put on the copyright notice?
i would of thought so if its unregistered but hell im not too much of an expert in things like that.......maybe someone else here can help better
[Image: dating.png]<-----Click Here!!!! Learn how to be the guy that gets the girl + FREE mobile dating
I too think that you can if it's unregistered, but I'm not sure.
You can do this if its un-registered.
If you own the domain then it is your property and you now own that name.. so yes you can. It's like buying a house, as long as you pay your mortgage every month it is yours.. so similar principles!!
[Image: spyeo.png]
If you purchased it, it's yours and he can't do anything about it. It's totaly acceptable to put your copyrights on it.
[Image: 2dmd5j.png]
If you bought it you can. He/she doesn't own it anymore, you do. So you can copyright your own work.
It is yours now. Of course you can!
[Image: idqWqk.png]
You can do it if it's unregistered, good luck.
bob
I had this problem. I own the domain - professionalgamingleague.com . The person that owns the name though will not let me use it as my own site. As of now, I have it redirecting to my gaming league site which is the beta stage. www.apglpro.com , you will see when you go to the first link, it redirects to apglpro. I contacted goDaddy about this, and they told me if they have a copyright on the name, then I can't use it to make any money, which is why I just have it redirected.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just bought a domain Reality 9 1,026 12-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Peter L