Support Forums

Full Version: I bought a previously owned domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a domain that was owned in 2003 but unregistered in 2004, Is it okay for me to put on the copyright notice?
i would of thought so if its unregistered but hell im not too much of an expert in things like that.......maybe someone else here can help better
I too think that you can if it's unregistered, but I'm not sure.
You can do this if its un-registered.
If you own the domain then it is your property and you now own that name.. so yes you can. It's like buying a house, as long as you pay your mortgage every month it is yours.. so similar principles!!
If you purchased it, it's yours and he can't do anything about it. It's totaly acceptable to put your copyrights on it.
If you bought it you can. He/she doesn't own it anymore, you do. So you can copyright your own work.
It is yours now. Of course you can!
You can do it if it's unregistered, good luck.
I had this problem. I own the domain - professionalgamingleague.com . The person that owns the name though will not let me use it as my own site. As of now, I have it redirecting to my gaming league site which is the beta stage. www.apglpro.com , you will see when you go to the first link, it redirects to apglpro. I contacted goDaddy about this, and they told me if they have a copyright on the name, then I can't use it to make any money, which is why I just have it redirected.