Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Monitors won't Work in win. 7
(11-08-2009, 06:13 PM)Firestar Wrote: The problem is I want to use the onboard video card with an offboard video card.

That is close to impossible.
I have an extra system with integrated video, and a pcie slot. I will give it a try and get back to you all.
Okay, this is what I did. I bought a high tech video card and installed. It has slots for four monitors. I only need 2 at the moment so I unplug my other card and plug my 2 monitors into it. It has the slots labeled A, B and C. Only the monitor that is plugged into the A slot works. What could be the problem? When I go into the change screen resolution program I can't see the other monitor to enable it. What should I do?
New card come with NVidia software?

What card is it?
Hi,

I almost had the same problem but i found the problem.

Get the latest drivers for your card it does wonders.

Hope this helpes
(11-10-2009, 06:40 AM)myposbussie Wrote: Hi,

I almost had the same problem but i found the problem.

Get the latest drivers for your card it does wonders.

Hope this helpes

You want to be careful doing things like that.

You're gonna need a big PSU to supply the juice or it will probably blow up ... I'd say at least 520 watts, but more would be better.
(11-10-2009, 09:16 AM)Spang Wrote: You want to be careful doing things like that.

You're gonna need a big PSU to supply the juice or it will probably blow up ... I'd say at least 520 watts, but more would be better.
That could happen? Well thanks everyone for helping but because of all the trouble this has given me, instead of running two monitors on one computer I just got another computer and put them next to each other.
(11-10-2009, 06:21 PM)Firestar Wrote: That could happen? Well thanks everyone for helping but because of all the trouble this has given me, instead of running two monitors on one computer I just got another computer and put them next to each other.

In that case, get a KVM switch and throw all the extra crap out of the window.
What's a KVM switch? I have a Bay Networks BayStack 350f-HD. Could that work?
(11-10-2009, 09:16 AM)Spang Wrote: You want to be careful doing things like that.

Are you taking the piss? Since when did you need a powerful PSU to install new graphics card drivers? You might need a powerful PSU for a new card that will be sucking up a lot of power, but for installing drivers?.

(11-11-2009, 12:55 PM)Firestar Wrote: What's a KVM switch? I have a Bay Networks BayStack 350f-HD. Could that work?

A KVM switch allows you to share one mouse, keyboard, monitor and other stuff with two or more machines. Very convenient.
That sounds cool but, I think Firestar wants 2 monitors. not 1 monitor with 2 computers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dual Graphics PROBLEM [HELP]! JustCr4zy 0 589 03-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Last Post: JustCr4zy
  Dual monitor bigkieth 3 923 02-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ShortsE
  Disc tray won't open EagerToLearn 3 818 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  It won't boot Annuit Coeptis 4 836 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: G3Hawkeye
  Hardcore Problem: Computer Won't Boot.. (Please Read) Resistance 13 3,236 05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity