Support Forums

Full Version: Dual Monitors won't Work in win. 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have Win. 7 and I just inserted another vga video card. I then plugged another monitor into it with my other monitor and nothing happened. My first monitor kept working but my other monitor did nothing. I restarted the computer and then the new monitor worked but my original one did not. I switched which monitor plugged into which port and I have determined that windows is only using the new video card now. I want to use both monitors. How can I do this or how can I fix this problem?
You have to enable both the monitors, go to Properties, and then it should have have 2 screen's for the resolution, and should say something like enable this screen. I'm not sure about Windows 7, but that's what you do on Win XP.
I know when I go to control panel/display the other monitor does not show up. I also cannot see the original adaptor in device manager either.
Doesn't installing a new card automatically cancel out the one already in there?

If you put a new graphic card into a machine with built in mobo graphics chips, the new card turns the chips off and steals control.

You might need one of These ... ?
hmmm i'll get back to you in a day.
(11-08-2009, 06:30 AM)Spang Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't installing a new card automatically cancel out the one already in there?

If you put a new graphic card into a machine with built in mobo graphics chips, the new card turns the chips off and steals control.

You might need one of These ... ?

Is there any way to get both to work? I don't want to another part.
ThumbsupI have been running 3 Monitors just fine in Windows 7.Thumbsup
This is my first post, so I hope it helps someone.

How did I do it?
Dual Nvidia 9800 GT's Overclocked out of the box.
Ran my 22" solo on the first (Primary PCIE slot)
The other 19" Wides on the second card.

I installed the 22" Monitor & Primary card first. (downloaded the latest Nvidia Driver from Nvidia)
Then I installed the 2nd Card and bridge to the First Card and the 2 19" monitors on the other card. Turned on the PC.

After Windows detected the second card and monitors I went out and got the latest copy of ultramon.
Ultramon url: http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/ and installed it.

Rebooted the PC, and opened ultramon and configured 1 game profile (for 22" center) and work profiles (3 Monitors) everything in there (ultramon) instead of windows Display settings.

I know this worked for me, and may not work for you.
One of my customers used the Nvidia controls for his dual monitors and they work fine for him in Windows 7.

Screenshot: 3mb file, slow load: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.ph...c08b81.jpg
End of Line......
The problem is I want to use the onboard video card with an offboard video card.
(11-08-2009, 06:13 PM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is I want to use the onboard video card with an offboard video card.

Well you can't. It's impossible.
Okay thanks. I guess i have to buy that part then.
Pages: 1 2