Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot time is fine, post login is slow.
What is your computer and it's specs?
2mins is definitely mot right unless your computer is really really old.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(02-06-2011, 06:23 PM)Untouch Wrote: What is your computer and it's specs?
2mins is definitely mot right unless your computer is really really old.

Most of the hardware doesn't effect the loadtime for the login process. You can disable certain services though and switch to SSD. Try to reduce clutter on your desktop too, and you can also disable the sidebar from auto loading on startup too. Most of the hardware related time to startup, comes from the bootup, but not the logging in.
I don't use the sidebar and I have set my computer to not display any desktop items so I do believe that is not the problem. Which services can I disable and what else can I do to try and optimize it?
(02-06-2011, 07:07 PM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: I don't use the sidebar and I have set my computer to not display any desktop items so I do believe that is not the problem. Which services can I disable and what else can I do to try and optimize it?

Which services you can disable depends on what you use your computer for and what you don't think you need. Some are useless services anyway that you can stop, but others are optional that you may or may not need. If you aren't sure, just search up what the service does from the internet and it should give you reliable information to give you an idea of which ones you can turn off and on.

If you disable the Computer Browsing service for example, you might not be able to see other computers from your network.

All of the automatic services are the ones that turn on and off based on certain events. Manual just means it's a service that the computer user can turn on manually, and stopped is fairly self explanatory.

Note: Not everyone has all the same services so it might be different for you, but you can go down the list and see things like google services that probably aren't necessary, which you can stop.

To be honest though, i'm not exactly sure in your case, since i've never had problems with my startup/login/boot speed. Just like any computer problems though it can be any number of problems, so you just have to try and go through a checklist of things narrowing it down to the source of the problem, unless you've dealt with the issue before and you know how to solve it. Pretty basic troubleshooting, even though I know that information doesn't help you out a whole lot Smile

I was just taking a guess for your desktop and sidebar because most people have a cluttered desktop full of programs and things that aren't needed, and lots of people also don't know how to turn the sidebar off on startup. Some programs can't be stopped via msconfig or system configuration and have an option embedded within the program to start on startup/boot which you have to uncheck yourself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Torrents Downloading Extremely Slow? BreShiE 39 14,099 10-24-2014, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Reaper
  Dual boot OS X Lion 10.7 Miku 7 1,756 08-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Last Post: wale
  Will not Boot from Disk Kurea #47 8 2,134 07-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Drakon
  Help me dual boot RDCA 9 1,773 04-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Win7 Duel Boot Marda 2 749 04-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Shadaw