Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot time is fine, post login is slow.
I already have a boot time that I am satisfied but what is really annoying is my post startup speed. After I enter my Windows password I wait probably three times as much time as it takes for my computer to boot.

I have already stripped down my startup processes to the necessities via msconfig but my computer is till sluggish after I login.

Are there any other suggestions about how to speed up the post login startup process?
do you have a big list of fonts installed? have you done any other computer maintenance?
(02-06-2011, 12:35 PM)Infinity Wrote: do you have a big list of fonts installed? have you done any other computer maintenance?

I haven't installed any extra fonts so I would say I have a default amount of fonts. And I do regular maintenance with CCleaner and manual maintenance too.
(02-06-2011, 12:55 PM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: I haven't installed any extra fonts so I would say I have a default amount of fonts. And I do regular maintenance with CCleaner and manual maintenance too.

I didn't mean CCleaner though, things like Defrag and Disk Cleanup?
How long does it approx take for you to login?
[Image: siggp.png]
(02-06-2011, 01:02 PM)Infinity Wrote: I didn't mean CCleaner though, things like Defrag and Disk Cleanup?

Yes those too. I do that regularly. Like every other month I would say.
(02-06-2011, 01:08 PM)J4mmy Wrote: How long does it approx take for you to login?

Two minutes at least. For things to start moving along, two minutes.
(02-06-2011, 03:31 PM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: Two minutes at least. For things to start moving along, two minutes.

That could be normal for your system, startup programs aren't the only things that startup during login. There's also certain processes from Windows Updates that are essential for your system to keep up to date that need to start including other Microsoft processes that you shouldn't and cannot turn off.
(02-06-2011, 05:27 PM)Infinity Wrote: That could be normal for your system, startup programs aren't the only things that startup during login. There's also certain processes from Windows Updates that are essential for your system to keep up to date that need to start including other Microsoft processes that you shouldn't and cannot turn off.
Really? That seems awfully long. Have you ever sat down and did absolutely nothing but watch the clock as two minutes go buy? I think it is a long time.
depends on how many things you have installed on your computer too. I usually leave my computer after I login and press enter. For Vista though, the login time is longer. Windows 7 usually starts up within the first 30 seconds or so when you first get your OS installed on that computer because it doesn't have a whole lot of system processes to load compared to all of the things it has to load after going through all your programs and windows updates for things to load up from Microsoft Corp.

There ARE things you can do to optimize it, but it will never be the same speed from when you first ran the computer with Windows 7 newly formatted.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Torrents Downloading Extremely Slow? BreShiE 39 14,115 10-24-2014, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Reaper
  Dual boot OS X Lion 10.7 Miku 7 1,760 08-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Last Post: wale
  Will not Boot from Disk Kurea #47 8 2,138 07-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Drakon
  Help me dual boot RDCA 9 1,777 04-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Win7 Duel Boot Marda 2 750 04-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Shadaw