Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wtf? Graphics card problems.
In addition to the other posts, I would warn against installing another graphics card in your computer unless it's your own and one you don't care if gets fried as well. I have had a few motherboards where the socket itself would go bad with voltage spikes and take out concurrent video cards. I had to learn the hard way the first time... If your device manager isn't reading it, that's definitely a bad sign. I would write it off as toasted. The fact that it was working the previous day and defaulted to the onboard the next day is a good sign it fried. My two cents for what it's worth...
(01-17-2011, 01:14 PM)J4mmy Wrote: Have you checked that it has been wired correctly to the computer?

Think I'm dumb or something? Of course.
(01-19-2011, 06:46 AM)Sickshot Wrote: Think I'm dumb or something? Of course.

No i do not, but you can never be too sure Smile And the following solution might work for you.

1. Restart your computer and enter BIOS.
2. Find a setting to change the Graphics Init from Onboard to PCIe
3. Exit and save from BIOS setup.
4. Install latest drivers again.

Tell me if this helped you!
[Image: siggp.png]
(01-19-2011, 07:05 AM)J4mmy Wrote: No i do not, but you can never be too sure Smile And the following solution might work for you.

1. Restart your computer and enter BIOS.
2. Find a setting to change the Graphics Init from Onboard to PCIe
3. Exit and save from BIOS setup.
4. Install latest drivers again.

Tell me if this helped you!

I thought about it, but what if the PCI card doesn't respond?

How will I be able to change it back to onboard if I can't see?
(01-19-2011, 05:24 PM)Sickshot Wrote: I thought about it, but what if the PCI card doesn't respond?

How will I be able to change it back to onboard if I can't see?

well actually, when a dedicated Video Card has been connected to the motherboard, the bios automatically deactivates the onboard.

but i think in your case, it didn't.

so deactivate it.

on your question about how to change it back to onboard, just remove your dedicated Video Card. then the bios will automatically activate the Onboard, if it didn't reset the BIOS. by either Removing the battery or using the jumper.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which graphics card? Cyrax 4 775 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Existence
  upgrading psu and graphics card brandon1423 0 657 11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Last Post: brandon1423
  [HELP] Problem with my graphics card [HELP] SickmyDuck™ 9 3,282 07-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Last Post: SickmyDuck™
  Slow StartUp All Of a Sudden + Wierd Graphics Card Crash JohnRonder 10 2,717 02-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy
  Big Issue with my Graphics Card, or Monitor Razzo 6 1,521 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Razzo