Support Forums

Full Version: Wtf? Graphics card problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay so yesterday my computer was running fine, I watched a few movies and played some games and shut off my PC.

I woke up this morning and when I turned on my PC the graphics were crap. The resolution was set at the lowest possible so everything was huge and the color quality was as low as possible too.

I checked all of the cords in the back of my PC and they are plugged in fine.

I updated my graphics card drivers (for Geforce 9800 GT) and restarted and all of the graphics are back to normal, the problem is that all of the games I play are laggy as crap now, I get like 2 - 5 fps.

I checked and it says I'm using a GeForce 6150SE now.

WTF?

How did I suddenly downgrade to this?
Did my main graphics card fry?
Why does my PC think I have a different graphics card?

Any help?
Do you have an old graphic card? Maybe you can test it out.

Is GeForce 6150SE your main graphic card that on the motherboard?
(01-10-2011, 12:59 AM)Death Trap™ Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have an old graphic card? Maybe you can test it out.

Is GeForce 6150SE your main graphic card that on the motherboard?

I have a GeForce 9800 GT in the computer, it's the only graphics card in the computer and for some reason the computer thinks its a different card.
I Believe NVIDIA has a support forum, for problems just like this.

http://forums.nvidia.com/
6150 SE is a IGP.

your using IGP. probably when you checked all the cables you plugged it to the Integrated D-Sub port, not to the Dedicated Video Card (9800GT)
Whats happening is my on board graphics card is running but my 9800 isn't.

The fan is working but it just isn't being detected.

I'll just have to try it in another PC and see if its burned out.
(01-12-2011, 06:55 AM)Sickshot Wrote: [ -> ]Whats happening is my on board graphics card is running but my 9800 isn't.

The fan is working but it just isn't being detected.

I'll just have to try it in another PC and see if its burned out.

Good idea. As additional advice, you should keep your computer cool. Don't leave it on for long periods of time, as this may cause overheating and damage to your computer parts. If you don't already, try turning it off overnight.
Does your computer recognise the graphic card on Device-Manager? If so, does it recognise the card properly or does it show as "Unknown Device"? You could try disabling the card and then re-enabling it to see if that works, and if it's "Unknown Device" right-click it and Update the drivers for it by manually locating the drivers you downloaded from NVIDIA site.
(01-16-2011, 01:46 PM)J4mmy Wrote: [ -> ]Does your computer recognise the graphic card on Device-Manager? If so, does it recognise the card properly or does it show as "Unknown Device"? You could try disabling the card and then re-enabling it to see if that works, and if it's "Unknown Device" right-click it and Update the drivers for it by manually locating the drivers you downloaded from NVIDIA site.

It doesn't even show up in the device manager.
(01-17-2011, 12:47 PM)Sickshot Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't even show up in the device manager.

Have you checked that it has been wired correctly to the computer?
Pages: 1 2