Support Forums

Full Version: Has anyone had a pet go missing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I did, Me and my boyfriend live on a small acreage and I had been hounding him to let me get a dog for 2 years. One night he came home from work really late, around midnight, he came through the door holding a 9 week old german shepherd puppy. I was so happy and we took her everywhere with us. We loved her so very much. One night 2 days before my birthday I was downstairs doing laundry. When I came back up stairs after about 30 minutes, the front door was wide open and Halley (hay-lee) was gone. I ran to the neighbors house wich is about 1/4 mile away and asked if they saw her, nope. After a frantic search in freezing cold temps in the dark and knocking on everyones door in our immediate area, we called it quits for the night. I called HomeAgain so they could issue an alert before I layed down(not like we could sleep). We did everything to find her, we made posters, went door to door, did an automated phone service called LostMyDoggie.com, Hired a "Pet Tracking" team, Even called a Phsycic(I don't recommend that).The local news station did a story on our efforts,We did everything we could think of to try to find her & spent thousand of dollars,Nothing, everyone kept saying "someone took her". Maybe so, Feb,11,2011 was the 1yr anniversary of her dissapearance. We have not given up all we can do now is pray. We have since, gotten another german shepherd. Her name is Daisy Doodle Bug. My boyfriend wanted to get her because I think it helped him cope with the loss of Halley. We Love Halley & Daisy, they are our children.
I've lost a dog once before as well. It's an extremely hard thing to go through. I'm sure your dog is in a home safely. Good luck with your searching!
Wow, I feel for you. My dogs have gotten out and we did find them. The people who find them talk him, and renamed him. We got very lucky.
Two pugs somehow got into the backyard and none of them had collars. So, I decided to keep them, but they ran away by morning. D:
My dad also had this guard dog (fat german sheperd, different then the mixed german sheperd I talked about last week) that chewed through
his collar overnight and ran away. Note it was some form of metal/steel collar that had been gnawed off. So my dad gave him back to the
shelter after having to pay $300 for having him returned after running away...
I have had my dog go missing multiple times.
yes my hamster escaped and ate up my whole couch .
lol wow anarchy
I had 3 cats. First the one dies. The second one runs away. And later the other one runs away. It was a sad month. Sad
Yes, it is one of the worst feelings in the world. Because if you put yourself in your pets situation, lost, scared and hungry you feel really bad for them.
I recently lost my dog and it sucked so bad cause i looked so hard and never found him.He does have a chip but still no luck yet.I hope you find your pup.
Pages: 1 2 3 4