Support Forums

Full Version: Gotta break out of this shell... I need advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright so my girlfriend decided to start looking at homecoming dresses. The dance is coming up in October. One of the guys she hangs out with at lunch asked her, and she said no. So basically I asked her and I know she wants to go with me.
Here is where my problem comes in... I have never been to a dance or danced in my entire life. Yes, this is rather sad because I'm a junior in High School.... I never really did it because I find it embarrassing. I told her I didn't know how to dance. She said if I didn't want to go, she wasn't going to go, but I know she would be very mad at me.
So basically I need to find a good way to break out of this shell... I need any advice you can give me on getting out of this shell or learning how to dance in general.
Please don't give me the "Just go out and see how it goes" comment... I've tried it at a wedding. I still thought it was embarrassing to be honest..
Can anyone please help? I can really use it.
There's no way to do it easily. The only advice I can give you is what I did. Stop caring about what other people think. It's their problem, not yours. Alternatively, you could ask her to teach you to dance there. That's what I did at my first dance.
Take dance lessons or better yet have her teach you
Ask her to help you, that will probably be the most comfortable thing for you.
Just go and have fun. Dancing should be an impulse.
I also find dancing abit embarrassing. Luckily the only time i've had / wanted to dance have been when theres alcohol, i tend to have a few drinks first. boosts my confidants.
(08-29-2010, 03:07 PM)Iarkey Wrote: [ -> ]I also find dancing abit embarrassing. Luckily the only time i've had / wanted to dance have been when theres alcohol, i tend to have a few drinks first. boosts my confidants.
Like I said, I'm a junior in high school. If this wasn't a school event it might've been considered. lol...
Have her teach you over a few dates. I think it would be very romantic for both of you.
(08-29-2010, 03:46 PM)iTz Realiity Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, I'm a junior in high school. If this wasn't a school event it might've been considered. lol...
which is why i don't attend school "partys" at our prom no one really danced anyway.
This is very simple actually. Just ask her to teach you, it will probably be lots of fun for both of you, and what is good about this is that you will get used to dancing with her so when you guys go where, you won't feel so embarrassed.
Pages: 1 2