Support Forums

Full Version: Step Parents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well my dad married this girl and I really don't like her but I sorta have to for the sake of my father because he wants me to get along with her what would you guys do.
just see how things go, if you turn out to not like her just keep it to yourslef, if your dads happy and hes moved on from his previous wife or GF. at least hes happier now. youl get used to it maybe.
I had step parents on both ends. Never got along wth either of them. Sorry I don't have great advice for you regarding this.
(07-26-2010, 01:17 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]I had step parents on both ends. Never got along wth either of them. Sorry I don't have great advice for you regarding this.

Same. My parents divorced twice, and both step-parents I never really cared for. Although, after my mother divorced yet another time, I found my newest step-dad to be really cool.

OP - The only advice I can really give, is to give them a chance. It's going to be kind of awkward and weird for a while, but over time, just gradually talk to them, do a little bonding time, just anything. It'll get better with time.
Try to bond with her. Get to know her. If you still don't like her, then there's not much you can do. Try not to be negative about it though. Negativity only causes more negativity. IMO, optimism is KEY in this type of situation.

Good Luck!
Try talking to her about what you don't like about her.
Blood is thicker than water.
Thats what your feeling mate.
She is a foreigner in your family. Good on ya man.
The fact you say your willing to accept her based on your dads views shows me your a stand up person.
umm, i have had a step dad for liek 7 weeks.. he is cool but, i just see a side.. were he is like... tamming a angry sob... who knows... good luck
just set the tone for the relationship, hopefully she will follow suit.
You don't have to like her. Just don't call her things and such. In other words: Respect her.
Pages: 1 2